Monday, May 2, 2011

He Keeps Me On My Toes

First of all, thank you to my wonderful sponsors who sponsored Bless Our Nest in April!  Y'all are the best!  If anyone is interested in sponsoring in May, let me know and I can send you some info!

Westin has really been keeping me on my toes lately!  He is a climber for sure.  He took a head first tumble off the fireplace and got his first goose egg on Friday.  So sad.  It hasn't stopped him from getting right back up on it though. 

Sometimes I open our ottoman and let him walk around it and play with the toys that are in it.  Well, I walked in from the kitchen to see that he had just made himself comfy in there and was playing away.


Sunday night Cody told me to come in the kitchen and see what Westin had done....


He was so proud of himself!  I pretty much have to constantly watch him these days.  It is so funny though to see what he tries to do.  :)

This past weekend I got an early Mother's Day/Anniversary gift.  I got to go buy all our flowers for our pots. 

 I love doing this every year!  On our back deck I did the big pots in whites, purples and greens.  I did this last year and loved the color scheme.

I added some red begonias to our hanging basket and hung some pink impatients from Westin's swing.  Didn't my dad do a great job building this?! Westin loves it!


I want to get a climbing rose bush or clematis to grow up the post.


Out front I usually do red geraniums but decided to do red begonias and a yellow flower that I'm not sure of the name.  I thought they would match the flower on my door.  :)  We had to put a snake out to scare the birds away that were trying to build a nest over our front door.  They did that one spring and it was so miserable to not be able to go out your front door without getting attacked!  Haha!  The snake works great and we got it at the dollar store.

In other news, Westin took three steps in the church nursery!  I'm so glad Cody and I were working in his class so we could see it.  He just thought it was so funny and was giggling the whole time.  Ha!  I really think he could walk if he wanted to.  He zips around the house pushing his push toys but I guess crawling is just faster right now.  :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend too!

Thank you!
Thirty One Gifts-Dana
Longaberger-Julie
Twice As Nice Lettering
Stella and Dot-Danielle
Studio JRU

8 comments:

Jules said...

Your backyard looks sooo pretty! I love all the pics of Westin too! Happy Monday :)

Gretchen said...

Would you mind sharing the plants that you have in the green/purple planter? It looks so nice and I have absolutely no talent when it comes to figuring out what to plant together. :)
I love the pictures of Westin in the ottoman and drawer- what great places to play!! LOL

julie & joe said...

Your planters look great! We bought plants yesterday. I hope I can get them planted on Tuesday when it is a bit warmer!
Am I still a sponsor in May?

SugarberrySensations said...

Shannon!

First of all - your flowers look BEAUTIFUL!!! :o) I love them all!

Secondly, thank you for sharing the ADORABLE photos and stories of Westin! I could just gobble him up! I so fondly remember those days with my children!

Enjoy it!

♥Lori

The Provincial Homemaker said...

Great photos of Westin. I love the smile on his face in the tupperwear cupboard. My daughter is 13 months old and she too loves to climb - into the doll's cots, wardrobes, kitchen cupboards!

Shannon said...

Gretchen, my advice would be to just pick things out that you like and that have varying heights. Also, look at the tags to make sure they can have full sun if that is where your pots will be. I don't know the name (or spelling) of everything I got but I have the tall grass, petunias, impatients, and verbenia. I don't know what the rest of it is...I just walked around Walmart and picked out what I liked. :) Good luck!

Melanie Mueller said...

Your little man is SO cute!! I have three boys and they keep me so busy but are so much fun!! My baby is almost 2 and is into EVERYTHING too!! Precious pictures of Westin "exploring."
Love all of your pretty plants! So glad it is spring/summer!!
Btw, I love reading your blog!!

hi-d said...

hahaha...those are great photos of Westin - priceless! Awesome swing that your Dad built! He's so handy! And you did an amazing job on all of your planters and hanging baskets! I can't wait to get my hands dirty too...but need to wait until it gets a bit warmer here.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Blessings!
hi-d