Thursday, May 26, 2011

All About Westin, Plus a Few Other Things

Thank you for all your prayers for the storms.  Thankfully by the time it reached us it was just a thunderstorm.  Unfortunately, a small town south of us was hit pretty hard by a tornado.  I'm ready for these storms to be over!

I got my dress in the last post from our local craft show.  The brand is "blue bird" and the seller said you can purchase items from her facebook page.  Click HERE for her facebook page.

I am very behind on my emails and got slightly overwhelmed this past week and deleted pretty much my whole inbox.  So if you had emailed me with a question would you mind sending it again?  I am so sorry!  Hopefully I can stay on top of it from now on.

I haven't forgotten about posting about our journey to get pregnant.  It is just going to take time for me to sit down and type it all out.  ;) 

Now, on to the "all about Westin" part...

Drum roll please...............he is sleeping through the night and officially weaned!!!  (I think I can hear the Hallelujah Chorus!)  I mentioned before that I was nervous he would start waking up again when we got back home.  Well, he has not woken up once all week.  I am sooo thankful!  He goes to bed around 8-8:30 and sleeps until 7:30 on the dot every morning now.  I don't know what to do with myself!  I feel like I could stay up until midnight if I wanted to.  Haha! (Anyone who knows me in real life knows that will probably never happen.)  :)



I wanted to write down a few things he is doing at this age for my memory.  This is such a fun stage!  He is a full time walker now.  I keep thinking he is going to crawl but he just walks everywhere!  I'm still not used to it.  He holds his right arm out in front of him and it kind of acts like his steering wheel.  :)


He loves sitting on little things and in tight spaces.  I know that sounds weird and I think it IS weird!  Haha!  He wanted to sit on the bottom shelf of this bookcase all the time. (Please notice the ever-present balloon.)  He will find a small patch of dirt in the yard and sit on it.  Today he kept sitting on one of his small toys.  The funny part is that he backs onto whatever he wants to sit on.   


He is increasing his vocabulary every day.  If I say, "Old McDonald had a farm", he will say, "E I O!"  He also says:
beep beep
dog
tank ooh (thank you)
yight (light)
no no
nigh nigh (night night)
mama
dada
da (ball)
da (this also means bird)  ;)
ba-oon (balloon)
uh-oh
dack (Zach)



He likes to mimmic anything we do.  If we swing our arms, he swings his.  If we snap our fingers, he trys to snap.  If we hold out our hand, he will hold out his hand.  His favorite things to do right now are dancing, playing with anything that is not a toy, throwing balls and walking around outside.  Oh, he also likes to hold two things in one hand.  He is so proud of himself when he does this.  Ha!


He has become quite the eater!  I feel like he eats a ton!  I hope it stays this way.  Some favorites right now are any kind of chicken, fish, macaroni, spaghetti, yogurt and he LOVES pizza!  He also really loves milk now.  I offer it at meal times and he drinks about 6 oz at night.  He prefers straw sippy cups.  This month he also had a cookie, ice cream and a brownie for the first time.  Not all at once, of course.  :) 


Another thing he likes to do is play with all his lovies.  He can sit in his bed for hours and just love on and re-arrange his lovies.  In fact, he doesn't want to get out of bed in the mornings or after his naps.  He throws the biggest fits when I finally do take him out after I have let him play for about 15-30 minutes.  I'm sure this stage will pass but I love that he loves his bed.

He waves at everyone that walks by in the store and every car that drives by our house.

I'm sure there is so much more but this post is already so long.  Thanks for sticking with me if you made it this far!  I just don't want to forget some of his little "quirks".  :)

He is just such a happy little boy and we couldn't be more in love with him!  We thank the Lord every day for him!     

8 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

He is soo adorable, and always happy! My boys were great eaters when they were that age, but for us that stage passed. They are now picky eaters and it makes me sad. I'm hoping that this too is a stage and they'll become good eaters again! Have a great weekend!
-Ruth Ann

Kristen said...

I'm not sure why you couldn't comment on the blog the other day - I think I've fixed it now though. Thanks for the heads up!

He's such a happy baby! I just love looking at all of his pictures! And I don't know where I've been, but YAY for trying for another baby!!!! How very EXCITING! :-)

Dana said...

He is such a cutie and always soo joyful and full of smiles!! I know u r soo psyched he is weaned and girl I am terrified of taking Noah off of the bottle. The bushes you are standing in front of with the flowers are soo pretty. I am at a loss for the name, but we got one and it has started getting some brown on the leaves. You wouldn't by chance know what that would be. I noticed you do alot of planting and I am still learning! I hate it b/c it is just starting to bloom and is soo pretty and I don't want to kill it :(

Karen At Home said...

Westin is such an adorable little cutie!!! He is getting so big, I can't get over it. Hope you are doing well!!!

Olga said...

Westin is getting big fast! He is so cute! I love your Hydrangeas. Did you plant those? If so what type are they? I have one that gives white flowers. They are one of my favorite plants. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Amy said...

he is so cute...i love his hair! my libbi loved (and still does) sitting in small tight spaces, too....she used to sit in tupperware bowls, boxes, and when she was westin's age, we would always find her smashed between the coffee table and sofa, but she loved it! i don't know why.... now that she is almost two (*tear*) she still loves squeezing herself into little spaces - it is so funny! who knows what their little minds are thinking!?! ;)

Paula said...

What a precious blessing from God!
Enjoy your gift!

beth said...

i had to do IVF as well
they said I was in menaupause at 35--when they did my egg retrivil I only had 2 eggs, can you believe that
shortygoldstein@yahoo.com