Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another Random Post


-My little turkey can do anything he sets his mind to.  He climbs on the fireplace hearth all the time.  He can't get down by himself yet so I attempted to block his way with all his toys.  Nope.  Didn't work.  I'm scared for when he is actually walking!  He is going to be a wild man.


-I know this is blurry but he is getting fast!  This is pretty much what I see all day long.  Toilet paper or a paper towel hanging out of his mouth while he crawls around and plays.  Oh my.



-I'm getting so excited about planting flowers this year!  I haven't done my big pots yet but I "make the rounds" every day and check on my plants and see what is starting to come back and what is getting ready to bloom.  I'm most excited about my hydrangeas, peonies and roses.  I also planted some gladiola bulbs for the first time so I'll keep you posted on how those go this summer.



-Did anyone grow some grass?  If so, how is it going?  I left town for a few days and and when I came back it had all fallen over. Haha!  You definitely have to tend to it and water it daily.  I will definitely do it next year though.

-I'm going to spend the week with my parents next week so my posts will be slim to none.  I'm going to get to catch up with some girl friends, spend a lot of time with my parents and grandparents and take Westin to a birthday party.  However, there is another sponsor giveaway this weekend!  Yay!

-I'm looking forward to Cody joining us next weekend for Easter and taking Westin to church for his "first" Easter.  He was only a few weeks old last year so we didn't go to church.  I'm also excited about his Easter outfit!  I can't wait to show you.  ;)

-Westin got upgraded to his big car seat today!  I took it to the police department to have it installed.  The two ladies who installed it were SO nice and so helpful.  Turns out one of them recognized Westin from Katie's blog!  Haha  Small world.  Hopefully he will like the 3 hour car ride tomorrow!  We kept it rear facing for several reasons.  1. He is still not 20 lbs. 2.  He doesn't know any different and it's safer. 3.  New government suggestions (not requirement).

I think he likes it!


Thank you!
Thirty One Gifts-Dana
Longaberger-Julie
Twice As Nice Lettering
Stella and Dot-Danielle
Studio JRU

14 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

I remember the first time I stumble upon your blog. It was Easter time and you and your hubby were holding Zac and I thought he was your son!! If I remember right you had a picture of him on your bed too. My how time flies!

Katie said...

He looks like a new man in his new seat!

Amber said...

My grass is growing and doing great! It's ready for a springy baby shower I'm hosting this weekend. I am referring friends to your blog to find out how to :)

The Smith Family said...

We have the same seat :) Have a safe trip!

julie & joe said...

Love the new car seat! Have a wonderful trip!

Lauren said...

Spencer rear-faced 'til he was almost two. I mistakenly researched it, and then I couldn't bear to turn his little fragile spinal cord / neck around any sooner. He knew NO different and was happy as a lark (MUCH happier than he was the first few months of his life in a car seat!) =) I finally turned him around because, honestly, it was getting so hard for me to get him in and out...but I knew we'd made it an extra twelve months being as safe as possible.
I think we have the same car seat, and S LOVES it. We have a cheap one in Jonathan's car, and S hates that one. The kid knows luxury when he sits in it. Ha!

Kimberley said...

We have the same carseat for my 4yr old. Great investment :) he looks so happy. oh, and my 9mo old weighed 20 lbs a few weeks ago. ha! :)

Jennifer said...

Westin looks so big in his new seat! We kept Brody rear facing until he was 25 months old. He did great!

Hope you have a great time in LR!

laurensmommy said...

Westin in getting so big! He's the cutest little thing. You will LOVE that Britax carseat...they are amazing!! Glad to see it rear facing, it really is the safest!

'The H Family' said...

that picture with the toilet paper in his mouth is hilarious!!! i was totally cracking up...like he's too busy to stop so just pulls it with him...so funny!! and he looks like such a big boy in his new car seat...growing up so fast!! :)

~aj~ said...

Westin is so cute on the hearth with all his toys. ;) And I see that same toilet paper monster almost every day at my house! Except my Titus likes to eat it as well. Oh boy.

About the car seat, we've had that same seat with both my older boys. Love it! And according the AAP website, the new car seat info actually is a new recommendation. And if anyone gives you flack about having Westin rear-face longer, you can let them know that it is a FACT that children under 2 are 75% less likely to die or be severely injured in a car accident if they are rear-facing. I don't understand how any parent can argue with that! :)

flint said...

Cilla was beyond thrilled when we moved her to her big seat! However, he days of sleeping in the car became fewer and further between! He looks so cute in his new seat!!! And I love the toilet paper pic! That is a familiar scene at our house!

Jess said...

Hey, I just found your blog through a mutual friend's. Wonderful pictures of your little one! Just so adorable. Praying for a blessed Easter season!

~Jess
http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

hi-d said...

That carseat looks so plush and cozy. Lucky guy! Hope you have a fun week!