Sunday, March 6, 2011

Twelve Months

*I'm way behind on my emails and blog visiting. I hope to catch up this week!
**Westin had a WONDERFUL party and I am going through the almost 500 pictures!  I hope to post some later today or tomorrow for sure!  I wanted to get this post up first.

I cannot believe it!  How did the year go by so fast?  It is true, "the days are long, but the years are short."  It makes me want to treasure every single day that much more.  I love that I get to wake up to Westin every day.  He is just the happiest baby and makes me laugh every day!  I thank the Lord every day for him.  I'm honored to be his Mama!

Here are some things he is up to.  He has learned so many new things this past month.

-He is about 19 pounds.
-Size 3 diaper, size 4 at night.
-Size 6-9 and 9-12 month clothes.
-Size 3 shoe.
-Naps twice a day close to 2 hours each.
-Goes to bed at 7:45 ish and wakes up around 7 normally.  Still wakes up to eat.
-Still sleeps in a sleep sack and loves it!
-He is down to nursing only in the morning and evening and once or twice in the night.
-Has finally learned to clap!  He will clap if he sees someone clap or if he hears the words, "yay!", "clap" or "patty cake."
-Waves "bye bye" very consistently now.
-Throws his arms up when he hears, "touchdown!"  (so cute!)
-A couple of weeks ago he went from army crawling to crawling on his hands and knees.  He is much faster now!
-Has started pulling up!  He did it once about a month ago and never did it again until this past week. 
-Has started getting up on his hands and feet.  (Like a football stance.)  It looks like he is just going to stand right up.
-Can say:
     Mama
     Dada
     Bye Bye
     Diaper (sounds like die-poor)
     Night Night
     Uh-oh
     Ewwwe (I say this a lot while I change his diaper.  Haha)
-Has really gotten into eating.  We are pretty much off all pureed baby foods.  I have a few I'm trying to use up.  His current faves are chicken, turkey, cheese, yogurt, peas, sweet potatoes, applesauce, bananas, apples, blueberry pancakes, and breakfast bars. 
-Still doesn't like juice but loves water.
-I've really been pushing whole milk in a sippy cup so I can get this boy weaned.  :)  He still doesn't really suck on a sippy cup but bites it enough that he gets the milk and water.  He is really starting to like milk which makes me happy.
-He lifts his arms up for me to hold him and I love it.  He is also kind of a Mama's boy right now which I also love.  :)

Happy Birthday, Westin!  We love you so much we can hardly stand it. 



Thank you!
Longaberger-Julie
Thirty-One Gifts
Twice As Nice Lettering
Stella and Dot-Danielle
Studio JRU

10 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

Happy Birthday to the happiest baby I know!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Aww... he is so, so sweet! Happy Birthday Westin!

Alex and Jill said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Westin!! I seriously think he has the cutest face & personality. :) He has learned a lot of new things in a months time...crazy how fast they grow.

Olga said...

He is adorable!! Wishing your little guy a very Happy 1st Birthday!! Looking forward to seeing party pictures.

Debbie said...

How beautiful :0) A Huge Happy Birthday to Westin!!!

Veronica said...

Yours is one of my favorite blogs for the past 2 years, but I have never commented. I have to say that your adorable Westin is one of the most cutest babies ever, and has a beautiful smile and eyes. You can't help but smile when you see him smile. :) Happy Birthday to Westin!

Kayla said...

Happy Birthday little man. I had the same problem my girl would not drink out of a sippy cup till I tried a using a Tupperware sippy cup they are great. I can't wait to see his birthday pictures;)

Leah said...

I can't believe is is a year old! Such an adorable boy. I started reading about the time he was born, and don't think I've ever commented before but he is such a cutie! Congratulations. I love reading about him.

Kim3278 said...

May I please ask where you got his shirt or the decal on his shirt? I LOVE it. It is precious!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to Westin! I've been following your blog for a while and really enjoy it! I have a 14 month old, and she too couldn't figure out the sippy cup, so I tried a straw in a cup and she got it right away! Now I have the sippy cups with the straws in them and it works fabulously! You might want to give that a try. My older daughter couldn't figure out a straw until she was almost two, so I almost didn't even attempt it w/ the baby, but I'm glad I did! Love the party pictures. Looks like it was a great day for all of you!