Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Spring!

Here is another post, list style.

1.  I have hardly opened my computer since last Thursday!  We have been ejoying this beautiful weather with almost daily trips to the park.  We have a city park in our neighborhood and I don't think anyone knows about it.  It is huge, brand new and almost always empty. 

2.  We have been working in our flower beds too.  We planted a forsythia bush, tons of gladiolus bulbs and I'm waiting until after the last frost to plant another peony.  Everything is starting to bud and I'm so excited!  My hydrangeas have just started shooting up some greenery from the ground.  I'm always most excited about those.

3.  I'm not sure why, but Westin has never pulled up to standing in his crib until last Friday.  It was before his nap but I still ran in there with the camera to document this special occasion.  ;)  I think he was most excited that I rescued him from his afternoon nap.



4.  Westin had Macaroni and Cheese for the first time the other day and I think he is a fan!
Touchdown!
5.  Another reason I haven't opened my computer lately is because I've been reading.  Liz Curtis Higgs is one of my favorite authors and her new book just came out.  It is the sequal to her previous book and they are set in Scotland in the 1700's.  It is loosly based on the story of Ruth, Naomi and Boaz.  They were really good!  However my FAVORITE series of hers (and maybe my all time favorite books) was her series based on the story in Genesis about Isaac, Rebecca, Jacob and Esau.  I've read the whole series at least 3 times and it never fails that I start thinking in a Scottish accent.  ;)

6.  Westin has an obsession with balloons!  He leaves every store throwing the biggest fit because he sees all the balloons at the check out and doesn't get one.  It is about to drive me crazy because balloons are everywhere!  So far he has totally embarrassed me at Walmart, the Dollar Tree and Harps.  Haha

7.  He just woke up from his morning nap so I better go!  I think we are going to transition him to one nap and day and I can't wait!    




Thank you!
Longaberger-Julie
Twice As Nice Lettering
Stella and Dot-Danielle

10 comments:

Mrs. Southern said...

We are doing the transition to one nap a day right now and it hasn't been too tough. I just try to run all of my errands in the morning and keep him awake because if not then he's begging for his crib! And the fits in stores...they haven't gotten any better for us. :)

Sara said...

Would love to know which park. We have a playground down the street and a playground in our neighborhood, but are looking for a great place to take Bryce.

The Smith Family said...

Good luck with the one nap! Im trying to transition Davis but it isnt working. He is on a nap strike right.. ugh

W is so precious, love that sweet smile

hi-d said...

So cute! Love the list style blog. :)

Alex and Jill said...

The weather has been gorgeous!

Amelia loves balloons too. She kept one from her birthday party for probably 6 months. That was one sad balloon! LOL

Cari said...

Lincoln loves balloons too!! We went to may parents house this past weekend and he kept walking in the sunroom pointing up at the ceiling says "ba ba" b/c the last time we were there was his party when we had balloons in there. No embarrassing moments in stores yet! Too funny.

Lincoln just transitioned to one nap and it's the BEST!!

pressonponderings said...

Mac n cheese will most likely remain a favorite for many years to come. It has stick-ability!! Thanks for the book tips!

Happiness Is... said...

Ok so I need to know - what kind of weather/climate/TLC do hydrangeas like? They are my all time favorite flower, and we received some in a basket when I had Thatcher...have them in a pot outside, which I water, but they look sad half the time :(

A Hint of Home said...

The weather here in SC is gorgeous and very warm lately. In the upper 80's the last couple of days. Actually I'm sitting in Atlanta right now and all their trees are are turning green. The pollen is thick.
Those books sound very interesting. I'm not familiar with her but will look her up.
Thanks for the tip and enjoy all the lovely weather and the park.

~aj~ said...

I love list posts!

The picture of Westin standing up in his crib is too cute. His smile is contagious. :)

I'm adding that author to my "must read list". Have you read many of Francine Rivers books? Her "Mark of the Lion" series is phenomenal.

Lastly, I'm dying to know about this new park you mentioned. We've been trying to visit a new park every week now that the weather is nicer. I a bit park obsessed. :)