Monday, March 7, 2011

Birthday Party Details

Westin's party came together with the help of so many people!!  At the end of this post I'll list all the "credits" but a HUGE shout out goes to my Mom!  I seriously could not have done this without her.  She helped so much!  She came up LAST Sunday and stayed all week.  She cooked, cleaned, babysat, baked, decorated and did so much more.  She is the best!!  Thank you to my Dad too for letting me have Mom for a week.  :)  He also cleaned up our flower beds and did some projects around the house.  Thank you, both!!

You should be able to click on any picture to enlarge it.  His party was a labor of total love and I loved how it turned out.  I think it is okay to go big on the first party because they will never remember it so you don't have to top it!  Haha  Plus it is a celebration of your baby's first year of life!!  Not to mention a celebration of the fact that we, as his parents, survived his first year of life! :)

His party theme came about after I saw Brittany's carnival party and found a package on etsy that I liked.  His invitation set the color scheme and the over all theme.

We had a Concessions stand.

In the concessions stand we had peanuts, popcorn, animal crackers, chocolate pretzel sticks, candy and cupcakes.



One of my favorite things from his party was his cake.  It turned out just like I envisioned it.  His cake pennant was the first thing I made way back in January.  :)  I took an extra invitation and cut out his name and then attached it to some red and white bakers twine. 

His bib says, "Today I Eat Cake."  My Mom had it in his stocking at Christmas. After he actually ate his cake I realized I forgot to put it on him!  :(

You have already seen his picture stand.  Lindsey came over one morning and helped me make the ribbon wands for the older kids. 

The drink station.  We had water, lemonade and cokes.  My second favorite part of his party was the blue and white paper straws.  :)




We had a "photo booth" too!
We hung this tent from IKEA in a corner of our room for the photo booth.  Everyone took a funny picture and a regular family picture.  I'm so glad I have a picture of everyone who came!  I'll post some later. 


On the way out the door, guests were encouraged to take a lollipop and/or a lollipop cookie.



I couldn't end the post with a picture of the birthday boy himself!!  Westin had a ball at his party!

I'll be posting pictures of him and his smash cake and pictures of the actual party in the next couple of days!

CREDITS:
Inspiration-Brittany's party HERE
Party Package including all banners, cupcake toppers, cupcake wrappers, party hat, signs, water bottle labels, etc-Dimpleprints on etsy HERE (I printed everything at Office Depot)
Cake stand, concessions tent, circus tray outside, popcorn machine, class drinking jars-Brittany
Lollipop favors-Oriental Trading Company
Cake and lollipop cookies-A local lady whom I HIGHLY recommend!
Favor stickers-Party Ink on Etsy
Popcorn bags, paper straws-The Sugar Diva

I hope I didn't leave anything out!  If you have a question feel free to ask! 




Thank you!
Longaberger-Julie
Thirty-One Gifts
Twice As Nice Lettering
Stella and Dot-Danielle
Studio JRU

32 comments:

Andrea said...

What an awesome theme, I love all the details you put into it! Great job, and Happy birthday to your sweet little guy!

Amber said...

Shannon, Westin's party was so, SUPER cute! You did a great job. All of the little details were adorable and created such a fun feel. I'm glad you guys had such a fun day celebrating your little man! Such a cute, happy guy deserves a cute, happy party!

Jennifer said...

It turned out sooo cute! I am having a minor meltdown at the moment because the post office lost the cupcake toppers I had ordered from Etsy. Now I am just hoping they either find them nondamaged, or the Etsy seller is able to get me another batch before the 19th. I know my little one could care less, but his Mama will know!!!

The Neal's said...

SO adorable! I stumbled across your blog through a friends and read it frequently. Westin is SO cute! I LOVE the cake and am thinking you live in my area? (I may be totally wrong!) My daughter's 1st birthday is April 28th and I've been looking for someone to do her cake. Who did the cake for you?

Brittany said...

You did SUCH an amazing job!!!!!!!! I love it all! I wish that I would have used the clown gear for photo ops, too!

Cari said...

Shannon I love all the party details!! What a fun day you had celebrating Westin! Can't wait to see cake pics!

Lauren said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.

Seriously. I'd like to officially put you in charge of our next kid's first birthday party. It should be around October 1, 2012. Pencil us in.

Anonymous said...

where did you get your mason jars and the daisy lids? I want those for my children's party!! I have been looking forever for something like that. Thank you so much and Happy Birthday Westin!

Britni said...

What an adorable party!! I am in the process of planning my son's first birthday party as well. I love your blog! I refer to it all the time for decorating ideas!

Maryellen said...

WOW what a great job.
So colorful and coordinated.
Great ideas . . .
Westin is one blessed boy !

Kimberley said...

his party turned out great! love all the details, and the photo booth!

question: i've never ordered one of the party packages and printed everything myself... is it pretty self explanatory when you're ready to print? meaning, once you have the .pdf file do you have to do anything special or simply print? i'd like to order one for my son's 1st bday. they are so cute!

thank you shannon for any info!

The Watts Watch said...

What a wonderful party! Y'all did a great job!

Kristen and Andy said...

That is the cutest party ever!!! All the details were so adorable - you did such an awesome job! I am down to crunch time here - I am busy with last minute details now for Cannon's 1st bday party which is this Saturday....so many little things to still take care of! But its all so worth it!

I couldn't agree more - the 1st bdays are definitely more for Mom & Dad for surviving the first crazy (incredible)year with a baby ;) Congrats!!!

Lindsay said...

Awesome decorations! I love all the little details. Thanks for sharing and happy 1st year with your baby boy!

Danielle said...

Wow - Awesome job!! In addition to selling Stella & Dot I own an events company - Simply Charming Events. I love a party - and 1st birthdays are so important to me too! :) I did a circus/carnvial theme for Eli's 1st and used Dimpleprints - love, love her! I use her for my clients work now too. I am busy planning Molly's 1st party now - can't wait. You did an incredible job!!

Happiness Is... said...

Adorable! I hope that when the time comes (which I really don't want it to!) that Thatcher's party is half as cute!

Katie said...

Love everything about this! Great job mama! Happy Birthday cute Westin!

laura said...

hi! i found your blog ages ago through your sister-in-law. i am also friends with candy johnson in nc.

i have followed you frequently as i was also pregnant with a baby boy and due a few weeks after you. then, my son (also!) decided to come early and was born on march 7th. we were all things happy birthday this weekend too, so i wanted to reach out of the bloggy shadows to wish your own little man a very happy day.

Becky Avella said...

Oh wow!! What a great party theme...and you did your magic again. It is all so cool. : )

March 5th is my daughter's birthday, too, so we were also celebrating this weekend.

I'm glad it turned out just like you hoped. Happy Birthday, Westin.

Faith said...

What a fabulous party celebrating your special little man! Loved it all!

The Branches said...

It looks awesome Momma!!! You did great and I'm sure everything was wonderful! The decorations are so cute! I feel the same way I don't know what I would have done without my Mom there. Happy birthday Westin :)

Laura Burciaga said...

Holy Cow, I am so impressed!! Wow, this is incredible! It is obvious that Westin is loved and celebrated!

Girl with the Curlz said...

LOVE,LOVE, LOVE all the decorations. You and your mom did a great job.

The Smith Family said...

awesome!! looks like so much fun! you did a great job :)

Shannon said...

Anonymous, I borrowed the mason jars from Brittany. At the bottom of the post, I linked to her site and I know if you asked her she would be happy to tell you. I just have no idea where she got them. :)

Alex and Jill said...

I LOVE everything about the party. You did a great job!! My favorite thing is the concession stand - adorable. Every detail is just perfect. And lastly...I just love Westin. He's such a doll and his personality really shows in every picture. :)

destiny said...

The party details are amazing!! So fun! I love everything--you did a wonderful job! I can tell you had so much fun putting that together!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!

Marci @ All Things Wonderful said...

Great Party! You did an awesome job. Love the theme.

Adrienne said...

Your party was so cute!! I love getting things from etsy for all my kid's parties! Can you tell me where you got the little glass drinking jars from??

beth said...

did you make that cake?
shortygoldstein@yahoo.com

Alusco said...

how did you make the concession stand