Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Eleven Months


Westin was eleven months on Saturday!  We were at my parent's house so we didn't get his monthly picture until today.  He is changing and growing up so fast!  Last night it just kind of hit me while I was watching him and I teared up thinking about how big he looks.  He is becoming more of a toddler but he will ALWAYS be my baby.  It seems like this past month he has changed more than ever.  Here is what he is up to:

-Size 3 diapers, size 4 overnight.
-Size 6-9 or 9 month clothes, 12 month pjs.
-I sat him on our scale and he was 18.5 lbs
-Nurses 3-4 times a day.  We might be ready to cut out the noon feeding.
-Eats breakfast, lunch and dinner and is adding more and more table foods to his likes.
-Has been eating us out of house and home of turkey.  His new favorite table foods are chicken, apples and pancakes.
-After eleven months it seems like he is really getting into his naps.  :)  Naps twice a day around 9:30 or 10 and 1:30 or 2 for close to 2 hours each.
-Goes to bed around 7:30-8 and wakes up around 7:30-8.  Of course with a middle of the night snack.  ;)
-Still sleeps in a sleep sack and has started sleeping with a little lovie (similar to THIS one) in his bed.  He finds it in the night and usually puts it close to his face.
-Crawled on his hands and knees yesterday.  He has done it several times since.  I just figured he would always army crawl but this is just as cute!  Haha
-Wants to pull up on everything.  Always gets to his knees but has to work at getting to his feet.  He has done it once by himself so far.
-Still LOVES bath time.  I was cleaning his tub the other day and he cried so hard when I turned the water off and didn't put him in. I guess he thought I was about to bathe him.  :)
-Still loves his Baby Einstein and Praise Baby DVD's, playing with his toys and trying to walk in his friend's walker.
-Has officially outgrown the swing and excersaucer.
-Holding steady with 2 bottom teeth.
-When you get behind him to hold his arms so he can walk he takes off running at FULL speed.  I've never seen little legs move that fast.  Absolutely hilarious and a little scary to think about when he does start walking.

We are getting sooo excited about his first birthday!  I have loved planning it and loved making it extra special for him.  I know he will not remember it but I just can't wait!  I do know that I will be shedding some tears though.

Westin, we love you so much and canNOT imagine these past 11 months without you!  What did we do before you?



Thank you!
Longaberger-Julie
Thirty-One Gifts
Twice As Nice Lettering
Stella and Dot-Danielle
Studio JRU
Willow House with Carmella Fryar

16 comments:

Mrs Bishop said...

Don't know if you saw my previous comment, but I have a blog award for you! http://livinthedream07.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-award.html

Sarah said...

How much did he weigh?

Erin said...

He is so adorable and such a pretty baby.

Mary Ann said...

Westin is such a smiley happy looking baby. Does he just smile all the time? What a joy he must be to you.

Lisa said...

Loved this sweet post!! Westin is adorable and you are right, it goes by too fast! My "baby" just turned eight - so hard to believe. But just like you, I tell him he will always be my baby!

arkie said...

He is just so precious! What a little bundle of blessing!

Brittany said...

I can't wait to see his party! I hope you got the pics of the tent set-up (and that they were helpful)!

Rebekah said...

Westin, I can't believe you are about to celebrate your first birthday!!! You are absolutely precious! Your smile is so big and bright it could light up a room! The cousin pics are adorable. Such a sweet, fun relationship!

Kristen and Andy said...

Love this post!! I have said the same thing several times lately - this past month has just been huge for them!!

He is just the happiest baby ever - such a cutie!

Kelly said...

What an adorable little smile! Such a cutie!

Debbie said...

Westin has the cutest smile:0) I love these posts btw,god bless.

sweethomealagirl said...

I know I rarely comment - but that sweet baby has THE cutest smile ever! He looks like he is a very happy little guy!

Girl with the Curlz said...

What a total cutie pants!! I bet you kiss those cheeks all day long :-)

A Hint of Home said...

He's such an adorable baby--but you already know that!
I can't believe how time has flown. It seems like we were just watching your belly change every month, then he was born and now 11 months have passed! Wow!

Marci @ All Things Wonderful said...

He is so CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Use Barkeepers friend on the stainless steel. Wet the sink 1st, sprinkle the barkeepers on, then scrub it with a brush or brillo pad. Works wonders.