Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ten Months

Double digits!  So crazy to me!  When I wrote "ten" on the chalkboard I almost teared up.  I'm going to be a basket case when he turns one.  :)  Here are some things he has been up to:

-Size 3 diapers, size 4 overnight
-Size 6-9 month clothes, some 12 month
-We think you are around 18-18.5 lbs
-Still nurse 4-5 times a day (and twice in the middle of the night.)  ;)
-Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner of homemade baby food and still love everything we give you.
-You started eating puffs, yogurt melts, banana pieces, Cheerios and yogurt this past month and love those as well.
-You have two bottom teeth.
-You got your first pair of shoes for Christmas.  Size 2
-You take two naps a day.  Usually 1.5-2 hours each.
-You slowly pushed your bedtime back from 7pm to 8pm and it is working great.
-You get up around 8:00-8:30 every day.
-We have an army crawler!  Slowly, but surely you are getting it.  You've even pushed up on your knees lately and have been trying to pull up.  You can pull up to your knees so far.  I'm waiting for you to get into a sitting position from your tummy any day now.
-We moved your crib mattress down a notch this past month but I think it needs to go down to the last notch tonight.
-You give great high fives and have started waving "bye bye".  You have to be in the mood for the wave though.
-I tried a sippy cup of milk last week and you took half of it!  This is major progress and just in time.  I'm going out of town for one night next weekend and Gran and Cody will be keeping you.  To say I'm nervous is a HUGE understatement. (More on that later)
-You still roll everywhere and it is so funny to find you in different rooms.  Cracks me up every time. 
-You babble all the time but can say "Dada" and "Mama" on command it just makes us so proud!  We make you do it all the time.  hahaha
-You are exploring and learning new things everyday and it is sooo fun to see!  We love you so much and we are always talking about how boring our lives were before you.  :) 
-Here are a few more pictures from your "photo shoot" this morning:


 Showing off your teeth.



 Oops, fell over!

Happy 10 months, Westin!!


Thank you!
Common Scents
Twice As Nice Lettering
Stella and Dot-Danielle
Studio JRU
Willow House with Carmella Fryar

39 comments:

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Westin is just adorable! Its so much fun waiting for them to crawl and then once they do you are like uh oh what was I thinking haha walking is fun also just until they start running :) Have a good day!
If you get a chance come check out my new blog

Karen said...

Could he be any cuter? It seems like yesterday you were pregnant. When I had babies I would weigh myself and then pick them up and (gulp)get back on the scale. It's a pretty good estimate of their weight. Blessings!

Katy said...

darling dumpling, as you posted about your 10 month old...I was posting about our 3 month baby!

Bev said...

He is SUCH a cute baby!

Mary Madeline said...

Oh Shannon, he is so adorable!!! What a sweet, happy baby you have!!!

Cory said...

He is the CUTEST little thing ever!!

Kaysie said...

He has the BEST smile! Such a cutie. :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh he is a real heart breaker, isn't he???

Tooooooo cute.

Katie said...

He is always SO adorable! He just gets cuter and cuter, and happier and happier! Too funny that he rolls everywhere - haha!

Meg said...

What a CUTIE! Happy 10 Months!

Squirrel and Bug=House Full of Love said...

Those smiles just pretty much melted my heart today! :)

Shelby said...

He's really so stinking cute!! Tyler is almost 8 months and just tipped the scales at 21 lbs 12 oz this past Friday at a sick visit. So your still getting up at night.. yikes. I hate that for you!!

Rosemary said...

he's so cute. i feel like you have the bot version of my little girl. she still gets up during the night too:(

Kelly said...

My son turned 10 months old today and I am glad to see he is not the only one who still wakes to nurse at night!! Without fail, every night around 3-4am Carter wakes up and cannot go back to sleep without me. Happy 10 months Westin! Hard to believe they will be one in eight weeks =(

Katie said...

I love how he is grabbing the chalkboard!

Toni said...

Cute photos! I've been following your blog for awhile. Great stuff!

hi-d said...

So great...never tire of these posts! He is still one of the cutest, smiling babies ever!

Emily Richardson said...

I love his little outfit! He looks so sophisticated:)! Thanks for your cabinet input!

Michelle said...

Shannon...your little guy is sooo adorable! Isn't it hard to believe how quickly they grow up?! (I had quite an emotional moment when I was hanging decorations on the Christmas tree a month ago and there was one with my now-19-year-old-son's photo of when he was a baby...how I miss those days!)

Happy New Year to you & yours!
~Michelle :)

Cuddles and Chaos said...

Such a sweetie. Army crawling is so fun and cute.

Good luck next weekend.

Christi

Southern Fried Gal said...

What a handsome young man. I think his face has slimmed down a little and looking more like a little boy. Girl, it flies by. My baby will be 7 later this month. Sniff, sniff.

I will send you a new pic tonight. Let me know if you don't get it.

The Smith Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Smith Family said...

westin is too cute!! and I absolutely love your nursery, dont be surprised if you are browsing through my blog one day and see # 2 nursery looking a little similar! ha

oh and I think Davis Davis would be a cute name haha

Rhonda said...

He is SO HANDSOME, Shannon!! You are doing a great job!!

Cari said...

Weston is so handsome! Loved reading the update! I keep saying it and I really do mean it - we have got to get the boys together!!!

Boondocks MaMa said...

10 months was one of my favorite "ages"! But, believe me...it only gets better. It's hard when u realize they aren't babies anymore, but the fun you will have with them in their toddlerhood will totally make up for it. Westin is such a cutie pie btw!

ches said...

He is so cute and always smiling such a happy baby.

Alex and Jill said...

He is such a happy baby. I just love him!!

Twice as Nice said...

He has got to be the happiest baby in blog land. What a joy he must be to you and your husband each and every day.

Kristen and Andy said...

What a happy happy boy!! Just too cute! Yay for army crawling!!! Now the real fun begins...hahaha! Cannon is into everything and he has perfected his army crawl and is sooooo fast now! Turn my back for a second and he is out of the room and completely down the hall - ha!

Laura Burciaga said...

Cutie patootie!! You can tell that he is such a happy boy!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

He is just so precious! My son (almost 8 months old) still wakes up about 2x a night to nurse too...I am so glad to hear he's not the only one! :) I figure this time will be over before I know it so oh well. :)

Kimberley said...

hi there! i have been reading your blog for quite some time, and just enjoy your sweet little guy! and your style! i have a 6mo old son and if i recall correctly, you did a post on making your own baby food (?). if so, could you send it to me? i'd like to take a stab at making my own too! i appreciate it!

destiny said...

Adorable! I love the way he's holding the sign in the first picture!

Lorie said...

I love the chalkboard idea! And he is SO stinking cute!!

Nicole said...

Yes, one year comes before you can even BLINK! We just passed that mark with our precious boy last week!

He's a cutie!

The Smith Family said...

During the day is how it started with davis and cutting back on nursing. Now at 11 months and 2 weeks he has gone cold turkey. every once in a while he will want to and I always let him but the other day he started to then pulled back and looked at "it' and then at me and put his paci in. Guess that was that! Westin is precious, I just love his big smile :)

Seizing My Day said...

Fast forward 10 years... YIKES... I never thought I would see the years go by so fast... I miss those baby days!! Enjoy every moment... Seize your days with him... you will miss them!! ;)

The Photo Goo said...

I love all the updates. He'll really appreciate it one day.