Monday, January 17, 2011

IKEA Finds

Wow!  All I can say is that I am so jealous of anyone who lives near IKEA!  :)  I know part of the fun was taking a special trip to go shop at one but I would love having one near by.  Cody and our bank account might not like it, but I sure would!  Also, thank you for all your comments!  I loved reading about your favorite products and eating places.  Unfortunately we just ate on the road so we could get back to our babies but next time I definitely want to try Gloria's!  After several of your comments, Lindsey and I both were going to get the lazy susan but we never saw it.  I'll have to spend more time looking next time.

First up, Westin.  He did so good while I was gone!  Thank you so much for all of your prayers.  I bawled like a big baby for the first 15 minutes after I left him but after that I was fine.  I knew he was in good hands.  He wasn't interested in his sippy cup or any milk for that matter but was still a happy baby.  He never fussed for milk or seemed mad he couldn't have any (at least how he wanted to have some).  He just ate his breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and took his naps and went to bed without any problems.  Minus some play time and movie time from 1am-3:45am he did great!  ;)  I am sooooo thankful to my Mom for watching him!

Re-uniting with his was wonderful!  He reached for me and just kept staring at me while I was holding him.  After about 5 minutes of hugging he remembered what I am good for and was ready to nurse.  :) 

It was a great trip and very successful!  We got what we went for plus a few extras of course.  I was also able to meet my "Internet friend" (as Cody calls her) to borrow some birthday supplies for Westin's first birthday party.  It will be a carnival theme so more on that later.  Thanks, Brittany!  It was good to finally meet you in person.  :)

I wanted to get this post up sooner but Westin has been so fussy and clingy.  I think he is mad at me for leaving him.  My mom thinks he just really misses her.  :)  I think it is a little of both. 

Here are my new living room drapes:

 I went with THESE panels and I really love them!  I folded over the tab tops and clipped them on the rings.  In all my excitement I forgot to take before pictures.  I had red drapes here.  I love how light these are!

 The view from my sink makes me smile everyday.  Ha!
 I also got THIS rug that I saw online.  I absolutely love it.  Cody thinks that it isn't very soft but I know he will get used to it.  ;)
 I got the red and white storage ottoman at TJMaxx after Christmas, along with the pillows.  The ottoman hides all kinds of toys. 

I also got some drapes for the master bedroom.  Again, I totally forgot to take a before picture but there were dark brown panels up there. 
 I got THESE drapes.  My goal is to get bamboo roman shades to go on each window between the panels.
 I love how they have the option of using the rod pocket or pleating like this.
 I also ended up getting some wall shelves and big picture frames for a wall in the living room.  I can't wait to hang them!
 Once I saw the children's bedding in person I went with THIS one.  I thought I would like the one with the blue and white stripes but it actually had a lot of pink and purple on it.  After thinking about it we decided this one was more boyish.  I also got the matching Canopy that I hope to use at his birthday party too. 

I didn't get the bed this trip but that is okay because I definitely plan on going back!  :)  What I love about that bed is that it turns into a twin bed, which is the size of the bedding.  Perfect!

I'm already saving my money and making a new list for the next trip.  Haha  I saw so many cute things!  I loved all their bedding and was really close to getting a new quilt and duvet but I have to have something to go back for!  :)



Thank you!
Common Scents
Twice As Nice Lettering
Stella and Dot-Danielle
Studio JRU
Willow House with Carmella Fryar

15 comments:

Allyson Pecilunas said...

Your new panels look so good! I love how you hung them up I think I am going to use that idea. I'm glad to hear Westin did a very good job while you were gone. Have a great day!

~Allyson~

Alex and Jill said...

You found some wonderful things!! I haven't been to an IKEA in so long...it's a great store. My S-I-L always finds the best duvets there!

So glad Westin did well while you were away. It will make it a little easier to leave him next time. Just a LITTLE though. :) It's still hard for me to leave Amelia!

Can't wait to see party ideas...Carnival theme will be SO MUCH FUN!!

Cari said...

I love what you found! I too love IKEA and the closest one is about 2 1/2 hours away.

I so love your house!

Tiffany said...

LOVE the curtain hanger you have in your living room...where did you find that???
Looks like you got some great things at Ikea!! I love going there...but I rarely buy anything?? Not sure why!!

Cuddles and Chaos said...

I must have checked your blog several times to see if you were back and wrote about your trip! Goodness, I sound like a stalker (sorry).

Yay for Westin doing so great. Yay yay yay.

I have lots of cricut cartridges and if there is anything you'd like made for Westin's birthday party I'd love to do help out.

Oh I love your drapes and now it makes sense why they are so long at Ikea. Oh our Ikea had the lazy susans in an odd place which I missed at first too. I actually ordered one online at walmart (site to store pick-up) for around the same cost (with a gift card).

Christi

Shelby said...

You did a great job! I have that rug in my foyer and I love it.. such a steal. I live one exit from IKEA in Round Rock and it's deadly.

Lisa said...

LOVE your new panels. I am a recent lover of Ikea as well =) Lots of great kid items. For the playroom, I got Keegan a easel from there for $15 and a cute kids table for $25. You can't beat that! AND it's time for more paint at my house and since I always come to you for your great colors....what is the name of your main color (in Living room) and bedroom wall colors? Love them both!!!

Kristen and Andy said...

Sounds like you had an awesome shopping trip - love how the new curtains look! Your house is gorgeous!!

And yay for Westin doing great while you were away - I bet that was a relief :) Can't wait to hear about all his birthday plans - isn't it a blast planning their birthdays??

OK Fab Five said...

Can you tell me the name of the drapes in your bedroom?

ALso, I love your curtain "rods" in the livingroom...do you know where I might be able to get some of those?

Glad Westin did great and that you had a great trip to Ikea. My Ikea is less than 30 minutes away and it can become addictive if you let it.

Karen At Home said...

Wow! Great finds Shannon! I love the curtains and the rug, you did a great job!!! I feel your pain as far as living near an IKEA. The closest IKEA to Cleveland is in Pittsburgh which is a two hour drive. I only get there once every few years. Hope all is well with you!!! Take care.

Karen

Southern Fried Gal said...

Awesome finds! I'm lightening up around here, too. I love how airy your bedroom is with the new panels! The bedding is adorable. I can't wait to see you put the special touches on it!

Kimmy said...

So glad you had some good finds at Ikea! You were in MY neck of the woods! Love how things look in your home... ~ kimmy

These Are The Days said...

It's been a while since I've been to your blog but I 'refound' you through Jenny at Beyond Our Wildest Dreams. You're making me want to go to IKEA...luckily we have one close by. It's just a whole 'to do' going to that zoo though, but worth it.

You drapes look great (which is what I'm on the hunt for).

What wall color is that in your living room? I'm also considering painting a bit.

Come by for my GIVEAWAY...the 'Edie Love Banner'
posted two days ago.

Have a fabulous day. :)

Carolina Girl said...

I too love the curtain "rods" in your living room and would love to know where I can find those!

Your house is beautiful!!

Boondocks MaMa said...

Hi! I, too, am an IKEA lover! The one closest to us is in Minneapolis (3 hours away). My mom lives there, so I always drag her to IKEA whenever I am visiting. I have those same shelves you bought. I actually bought two sets and have framed photos on them in my family room and formal living room (I think there's pictures of them on my blog somewhere. Maybe from my Christmas decorating post). LOVE THEM. I really like your new rug by the way. I'll have to check that one out the next time I'm there.