Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Decor Continued

Here is the last of my Christmas decorations.  I have really enjoyed them this year.  Last year I was pregnant and once I put up everything, it lasted three weeks.  I took it all down the week BEFORE Christmas!  It got on my nerves and I wanted the house spotless and organized.  :)  I keep looking around this year and I'm surprised when I still like having everything out.  Who knows?  I might not take it down until the middle of January!!  Ha!  Very unlikely, but a new baby sure does change some things.  Anyways, here is the living room.


I printed off a vintage image of Santa from The Graphics Fairy to put in this jar. I found the old Santa and sleigh at an antique store.

In the dining room I hung two Santa prints that I got at a thrift store and added some greenery to the candle sconces.


I kept the centerpiece very simple.

One of my very favorite Christmas decorations is this coconut Nativity.  I got it at a craft fair in Hawaii 5 years ago when we went the week before Christmas.  I look forward to getting it out every Christmas.


These Santa prints originally had hunter green frames but I painted them white and added a little bit of a glaze.


Westin's room even got some festive touches. 


So true!


The guest bathroom got a Christmas sign and a few other pretties.


See the birds on the tray?  I got one for Christmas last year and this year I won one at our Small Group Christmas party.  They were meant to be together!  :)

I still have a few things to buy but I'm getting there!  Westin is a good shopper so that really helps.  Haha

21 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Cute stuff!

Audrey said...

Shannon, your decrations are just perfect. You do a great job. I love the nativity wall hanging in Westin's room.

Jodi said...

Hi,
I love all of your decorations! We may be getting a house soon and I can't wait to be able to decorate it to make it feel like a home. After 6 years of living in apartments, I am more than ready for a home!

I was wondering if you could give us an update on little Asa. I understand if you can't, but I have been checking back and waiting for an update on him. I have had 2 babies born premature, one was 5 weeks early and one was 3 months ealry. Both are doing great now, Praise God! I certainly hope and pray that he is home with his family now. Thanks so much :)

Leslie said...

Looks so festive! I can hear Faith Hill's song in my head "A Baby Changes Everything!". So true! What a little blessing !

Kelly said...

Your Christmas decorations look so good! I'm a new follower.

Lana said...

Everything looks so good! I love the decor in Westin's room!

Kristen and Andy said...

All your decorations look beautiful!!! Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas! :)

destiny said...

Everything looks so great!! I love that coconut nativity and the little birds with hats...very cute!

Katie said...

Ahhh, the sweet little birdies. Christmas wouldn't be complete without them. They will live happily ever after!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Oh thank goodness Shannon for this post. You have just made me feel normal again. I thought I was crazy when I felt the urge to De-decorate before Christmas. I felt like my walls were closing in on me and I need more space and a clean mantel. Crazy I tell ya! This year a did a lot less and feel so much better. I am really enjoying the reason for the season and no stressing this year...ha!
Your home is just as sweet as you are...Merry Christmas!

Boondocks MaMa said...

Those two little birds you have in your guest bath- I just saw them at a gift shop downtown! I had them in my hands and then, ultimately, put them back:( THEY ARE SO CUTE. Maybe I'll go back and get them:)

an encourager said...

Fun, fun fun fun fun.... come to my house and work your magic!!!!

The Photo Goo said...

Your decorations always look so good!

Jen (emeraldsunshine.org) said...

Gorgeous! I need that "who needs Santa, I've got grandma" item. I want to give it to my mother-in-law. ;)

Jen said...

This is why I love the holidays... all the great Christmas decorations!! And don't worry, I'm still decorating my place too... I'll probably finish on xmas day! ;-)

paige said...

oh my goodness...i just had to read outloud the beginning of this post & how you took everythign down early to have your house clean again
girlie, i think we could be friends!!

The Southern Housewife said...

So cute! Love all the pictures!

Girl with the Curlz said...

Everything looks so cute!!! Merry Christmas :-)

Anonymous said...

Your home is precious and so is your little Westin.

My favorite is the silver tray with the Santa in the sleigh and the Santa in the jar..... I want to do something similar next year. Too cute! Sweet and simple :-)

Merry Christmas

Buttercup Bliss said...

Ok - I don't know how I clicked anonymous...... lol

superstore said...

so sweet :)

Merry Christmas...
You can also visit me here;
Nail Art Gallery
Find Your Speakers Here
Car Audio System
Basic Medical Sciences
Harry Potter Set
Sophie The Giraffe
Pioneer AVICX920bt
Crocs Shoes Showroom
fraggle-rock
Great Sale Today !!
Fisher Price Cradle Swing
Toko Online Alat Medis