Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Weekend

This post could be titled, "How Many More Pictures Can I Post of Westin in His Costume". I am so thankful to Christina for letting us borrow this bear costume!! I absolutely loved it and of course thought Westin looked adorable in it. :) We started the weekend off by trick or treating on the town square Friday afternoon. All dressed up and ready to go:

I'm so glad my parents were in town and could go with me.
I think Westin enjoyed all the people watching. We took a little break for a photo shoot on a bench but the big leaves were too much of a distraction for him. ;)


Saturday morning he wore his Halloween bib at breakfast.

Sunday, after church, he got to wear another Halloween shirt and we did a little photo shoot with his pumpkins.

When I put his costume on him for the third time this month I worried that he was going to be tired of it but as soon as I stuck his legs in he started laughing. I think he loved his costume as much as I did! Haha
Sunday evening we had a cute trick or treater! Richard Petty was at our door.

Jason and Katie came over to walk around our neighborhood. This was Z's first experience with ringing a door bell and saying, "trick or treat". I think I was laughing all night. He was hilarious!

Westin pretty much looked like this all night. He was just happy to be outside.

Zach tried to just walk on in the first house. He also was pretty particular about his candy. If he didn't want a certain kind he just handed it back and said he didn't want it. Or he just specifically asked for a sucker. Ha! He was always polite though and said "thank you" every time. Sometimes when they opened the door he would say, "thank you!" instead of "trick or treat!". Too cute!

When we got back we checkout out all our loot and Colson was pretty happy to snag a kit kat. The whole night I just had a huge smile on my face. As I watched Zach and pushed Westin I couldn't help be so thankful for my life. It was the perfect fun-filled night and everything I imagined it to be. I can't wait until next year when we are chasing Zach, Colson and Westin! :)

Thank you to my new sponsors!





10 comments:

Kimberly said...

Shannon, you really have such a cute little boy. He has such pretty eyes!

Brittany said...

He was a pretty cute little bear! And, it is SO much fun getting to experience these things as a mommy! I know what you mean! We are blessed!

Girl with the Curlz said...

Oh he was so cute in his costume. Looks like you had a great time.

Alex and Jill said...

He is such a happy baby...you can tell in his pictures! And as cute as a button. The story about Z trick-or-treating is hilarious! I had several come to my door about his age & would be very specific on what they wanted. LOL Too cute.

Katie said...

I think Colson snagged more than one kitkat. Ha!

We loved trick or treating with ya'll. Can't wait until next year!

3LittleByrds said...

Looks like yall had a wonderful time. So glad. Westin is too cute in that costume.

jackie said...

Your blog is great- very inspiring!I am new to blogging.If you have the time, I would really appreciate some critique from a fellow blogger.We have a lot in common-I am also a Christian and listen to alot of Christian music.Thanks!

'The H Family' said...

i was just so happy to see another baby in the bear outfit...he is truly adorable!! such a sweet post! i truly think God gives us children so that we can relive the magic of our childhood...sometimes, i think i have more fun than my boys! :)

Mandi @ Finding Home said...

Westin was just way too cute! He looked so happy.

Alex and Jill said...

Your Mom was totally sweet & came up to introduce herself at Holiday House today!! Wish you had been with her!