Monday, October 4, 2010

Subway Art

Natalie over at Endless Crafting made a subway art template that you can download for free! I printed one out, used a frame I already had and had instant art.

The opening for this frame is an 8x10 so I had a little extra room. I put a scrap piece of linen behind it to give the look of a custom mat.

I had been looking for a replacement picture for this print that is over our tub. There is a huge window on the adjacent wall so this print has become really faded from the sunlight. The colors used to be so vibrant.

I thought this was the perfect piece to go there. It will probably still fade a little even though it is black and white but it won't be as noticeable. Also, since it was free I won't feel so bad when it does fade. I can simply print another one.

Thanks Natalie for doing all the hard work!

13 comments:

Jeni said...

oooo thanks for sharing...I have been craving some subway art. Have you seen some of the Halloween subway art out there this year...I love it all.

duchess said...

That's really pretty. I may have to pay her site a visit. I love the linen touch behind it - nice idea.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit & yes you can plant mums & they should come back next year. Not all of mine did but it's worth a try instead of just tossing them in the trash.

Kimberly said...

thanks for sharing! I am going to print it out!

Kimberly said...

thanks for sharing! I am going to print it out!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I adore the chunky white frame that you used! I have been looking for frames in this style. Do you mind sharing where you got it from?
Have a great week!
:) Lisa

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

Your so welcome! I love the frame you put it in.

AdoptedbyGrace said...

Thanks a bunch. I didn't know what "subway art" was, but I've seen signs like that everywhere.
What type of paper did you print on and where can you find the type of frame you used. Love it!
It would make nice gifts to give away!

3LittleByrds said...

What a neat little project. I love that frame too.

cheryl said...

I haven't commented on your blog before but snoop often. I love your decorating...and your sweet little Westin is growin' like a weed! Thank you for sharing this freebie...I know what someone's getting for Christmas! : )

Leslie said...

I love this Shannon! I will surely do this!! Looks great over your tub!

Belle&Yankee said...

So cute. Thanks for sharing.

Wade & Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing! I love this!

an encourager said...

That looks fabulous! You chose the perfect frame, too! I'm going to have to copy you! Thanks