Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Squeezin' Em In

I've been squeezing in some last minute Halloween projects. Every time I browse The Graphics Fairy I get inspired! These days my craft projects have to be quick, easy and cheap (if not free!)
I wanted to add a little "spook" to my fall mantel so I traced THIS bat:
A laptop makes the perfect lightbox! I thought instead of using my black printer ink I would just color it in. :)

I cut it out, colored it in and taped it on a sheet music that I printed from HERE. I put it in a Dollar Store black frame and called it done.

The next project was even easier. I printed off THIS Trick or Treat tag, framed it and hung it with ribbon.

My favorite trick from The Nester is to always hang things with an upholstery tack. Much prettier than just a nail!
If you haven't been by The Graphics Fairy then you need to go. You will not be disappointed! I'll leave you with a picture of Westin in his very boyish Halloween shirt. ;)

15 comments:

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

Your mantle and decorations gorgeous!!

Brittany said...

He's a cutie!

Alex and Jill said...

You're always so creative! Simple or not - I'm always impressed!

Love that boy's smile!

Maryellen said...

What great ideas. They look so nice. Love the spooky bat !

Girl with the Curlz said...

Such cute Halloween ideas. I love what you did. I will have to print these myself. I love a bargin. Westin looks ADORABLE!! What a total cutie pants. You are going to have a line up of girls out front for this one in a few years :-)

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Cute cute cute! Mr. Weston is growing so fast. Where does the time go?

Bonnie said...

He is such a cutie & I love the bat!

Rhonda said...

You're so cute and creative!!

I thought of you the other day in Wal-Mart. I saw a shirt that said "Ghouls rule, boys drool" But who knows...maybe it could still go either way ;)

~Jamie Kubeczka~ said...

Very crafty! Love it!

Anna said...

Westin is gorgeous (and so are the decorations!)

Southern Fried Gal said...

Cute, cute, cute! You make it look so simple!

Barbara said...

Great decorations! And Westin well he is so DARN CUTE who cares if that other shirt was girly it looked handsome on him!

Reynie @ Southern Girl Rambling said...

Thanks for the link to the Graphics Fairy! Great stuff there. I can't wait to see what she has a Christmas! Cute things you've done. You always have such creative ideas!

Seizing My Day said...

I love the bat!! and Westin is so big... apparently it has been a while since I have been here!! it is so easy to get lost in blogging!

Karen- The Graphics Fairy said...

Your projects turned out great! And your little Westin is adorable!!!
Thanks so much for giving me credit for the images, that was so sweet of you!