Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Seven Months

Unbelievable! Westin is closer to a year now than he is to the day he was born. That is totally crazy to me. I have enjoyed thinking about his first birthday party though. :) Westin, we love you soooo much! We are constantly talking about you and thinking about you. The past 7 months have been the BEST! We love watching you learn new things and discover more about your little world around you. Here is what you have been up to:

- You wear 6-9 month clothes. Most of them are a little big but I think that just adds to the cuteness.
- We just moved you up to size 3 diapers today.
- Two weeks ago at your 6 month check up you weighed 16 lbs (20%) and were in the 50th percentile for height at 26.77 inches.
- You started eating solids last month and you love it! So far you like avocados, bananas, peaches, pears, apples, squash, sweet potatoes, peas mixed with pears, and oatmeal. You like those foods plain or mixed in any combination. You HATE green beans and threw up your carrots today. I'll have to get creative with those and mix them with something you love.
- You eat two "ice cube" servings at breakfast, lunch and dinner. You still nurse every 3-4 hours.
- You take two naps a day ranging from 30 minutes-2.5 hrs each.
- You roll all over the place and finally figured out how to roll back over in your crib. You know how to do it but for some reason at night you would cry if you woke up on your tummy. Now you have it figured out though.
- You can sit up! You are still a little unstable and tend to fall backwards but can sit un-assisted for several minutes.
- You had your six month pictures a couple of weeks ago and you just were not feelin' it that day. Probably because 10 minutes into it you fell backwards and hit your head. We did get some cute pics but we are re-taking them next week.
- You still love your swing and excersaucer. You also love being outside.
- You are always so happy and soooo smiley! All we have to do is look at you and you break out into the biggest grin!
- The most traumatic thing that has happened lately is that you have learned to throw screaming fits. You might not think it was traumatic but trust me, it was very traumatic for me! The first time you did it I had all your clothes off so fast because I thought for sure I would see a gaping wound and you would be bleeding everywhere. It was that dramatic! Turns out you just wanted out of your carseat. You continued to scream and throw a fit for about a week and thank goodness you seem to be over it for now. I did ask Gran (my mom) if she thought you needed counseling. hahahahaha I was only partly kidding. I did think I might need it though after that week. She assured me you had just "found your voice" and it was normal.
- You went on vacation! You traveled to Gulf Shores, AL in the car. Eleven and half hours! Never mind that it should have taken a little less than 8 hours. You did great!!
- It seems like you learn something new everyday. You love playing with all your toys and you still LOVE to put all of them on your face.

We love you, Westin!!!


20 comments:

Jenna said...

Happy 7 months sweet Westin!

Kaysie said...

He's such a beautiful baby! Can't believe he's already seven months!

C.Brooks said...

Shannon,

He is so adorable! Miss emailing with you, I'll have to catch up with you soon!

Cari B.

Kim's Treasures said...

I don't usually comment on your blog but I read every post. I cannot believe how fast the 7 months went. When I saw his picture just now, I saw a little boy emerging! He's adorable!

Kim

Keetha Denise Broyles said...

And, he is still just plain ADORABLE!

julie & joe said...

Awwww! He is precious! Enjoy every moment. I love how you are taking his picture each month and recording his milestones.

Dusti said...

Hi Shannon...thought you might be interested in this link about the chart for breastfed babies. Westin would be more toward the 50% for his weight based on breastfed babies only. I just think it is so interesting as mine all have breastfed and it is so nice to be able to compare them to babies eating like they do.
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5909a1.htm

Sunny said...

Shannon, he's just a gorgeous baby. That smiley face is meltin' hearts already! :)

Deidre said...

7 months? Wow!

That first picture is so cute. He looks like such a big boy there.

~aj~ said...

Beautiful, beautiful boy! What a blessing he is!

Katy said...

sweet child he is! seriously cannot believe seven months has gone by.

i had fun going through your previous posts and checking out your fall decor! hope yall are doing wonderfully

Jennifer said...

Happy Day, Big Guy:)

Girl with the Curlz said...

What a total cutie pants!! Love those blue eyes. I can't believe it has been 7 months already.

Dianna@DecorMadeSimple said...

They grow too fast! Our grand daughter, Lilly just turned 8 months.

Our daughter sent us a picture of Lilly grabbing a cell phone and holding it to here ear.

Click my name to see the picture.

It's amazing, they are so tiny, but they're paying attention.

Amy said...

Happy 7 months Westin! He seriously could not be ANY cuter!! :)

Darlene said...

WOW I can't believe he is already 7 months old!!! He is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!

Katie said...

Oh, Shannong...that first picture is too funny! I love how bright and alert he always looks! I can't believe he is sitting up already!! It seems like you just had him. Sounds like he is a good eater...thank goodness! Jack knows how to pitch fits...once in a while his temper gets the best of him and he screams. Oh law, I feel for you! AK never did that. So they came out of nowhere for me...and I'm ready for them to go FAR, FAR AWAY - haha!

Sara said...

It doesn't seem like seven months! He is just so cute in the pictures!

3LittleByrds said...

He is just too cute. Happy 7 months Westin :)

Kristen and Andy said...

Happy 7 Month birthday!!!! He really looks like a big boy now! Isn't it amazing how much they have changed in the last month??

Lol - had to laugh at your screaming story! Trust me - it gets worse - or at least it did with my daughter - total drama queen!!! I was hoping that the boys wouldn't be so dramatic....but now I'm not so sure - ha!