Friday, October 1, 2010

Pottery Barn Copy

I loved so many of the ideas in the Pottery Barn fall catalog. One that I really wanted to re-create was the twine on the white platters.

The best part is that I had everything on hand that I needed. It really is as easy as it looks. Take twine and tie it to the plate hanger and then wrap it around the platter several times, tying it off at the end.

I tucked a fall looking scrapbook tag in there and also printed off the word "gather" to tuck in the twine. I thought that sounded fall-ish. :) With this platter being in my dining room, I think "gather" is appropriate.

I also added twine to the platter in our hall bathroom.

I printed off "harvest" and added an old picture of a man dressed as a clown. Those two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other and have nothing to do with a bathroom but I still like it. :)

The clown picture was printed from The Graphics Fairy.

This was easy to re-create and free! If you don't have twine lying around how about using ribbon? That would be just as cute!

8 comments:

Jeni said...

OOOOO I like it a lot. I might try the twine, print out spooky or goblins with a picture of my two kids. Thanks for the hint! I might have just looked at the magazine and liked the picture but not thought that I could do it myself...you are good at that!

Donna said...

What a wonderful idea! :)

I love all your fall decorations. Very pretty...

Kim's Treasures said...

Beautiful! Your home looks wonderful!

KatieB. said...

I love your home. Where do you find your white plates? I'm looking for some for the guest bedroom and don't know where to start.

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest said...

I just love this idea Shannon! It looks awesome! Don't you just love Pottery Barn for decorating inspiration??

The Provincial Homemaker said...

Like it. Good to see inspiration put into practice. Your house is so stylish.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Such a cute idea and the pictures can be changed around for the season! I have to tell you the pictures of your family at Gulf Shores are wonderful and Westin is a little doll!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Oh Shannon - these are adorable. You always have the perfect touch to add, too. Love it! Happy Fall!