Monday, September 6, 2010

Six Months

Half a year! What are you up to these days?

- Size 2 diapers, 3-6 month clothing
- We think you are 15-15.5 lbs (we go to your 6 month appointment later this month)
- You love your excersaucer and swing
- You have really started rolling over. You've been able to since about 4 months but seem to really like to now.
- This means you sleep mostly on your tummy now.
- You go to bed around 7:30pm and wake up around 8:00-9:00am. You take a pretty good morning nap (1-2 hours) around 10 or 11 and then another one around 2 or 3. We still hope for that late evening cat nap to get you to 7:30 but that doesn't always happen.
- You love eating! We started you on solids a couple of weeks ago. You still nurse every 3 hours and have added a serving of breakfast and dinner. So far you have had avocados, bananas, sweet potatoes, apples, MumMums, oatmeal and rice cereal. By far your favorite is sweet potatoes and bananas.
- You took a bottle from your Gran and Cody when I was not home. So I feel like if I need to be gone during a feeding then you will probably take one. Yay! Huge relief!
- You are happy all the time and are so content to just lay on the floor and play with your toys.
- You LOVE Baby Noah. You kick, squeal and giggle the whole time you watch it.
- You have become really vocal. You love to see how loud you can get.
- You are so close to sitting up but would rather stand up. It is hard to practice sitting up because you stiffen your legs the whole time!

I know I say it every month but this age is so fun! You are such a happy, happy, happy baby and it makes us so happy! Whenever you are sleeping we talk about how we want to wake you up so we can play with you. :) I'm sure we might feel differently in a year. :) We love you, Westin!!

*You can get the MumMums at Target or Walmart on the baby food aisle.
*I got my calendar in the last post from Boarders but have seen them at Sam's Club closer to Christmas.

13 comments:

hi-d said...

What a blessing to have such a healthy, happy baby! It sounds like you are definitely enjoying being a mama! :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

What a precious little boy!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Awww - he found his toes!!! He will enjoy reading these comments from you guys. I read to my 6yo and he just beams. Happy Labor Day!

Becky Avella said...

He's so beautiful!

Six months is such a fun stage. Enjoy this time. : )

duchess said...

Unbelievable that it's been six months already. Just wait though - it gets faster.
He's adorable.

julie & joe said...

So Adorable!!! I love it when they hit this stage. It is one of my favorite ages to work with.

Caitlin said...

You are such a good mom. I really admire how you are recording all of his milestones. I really regret not doing this for my baby. You seem to be doing a wonderful job and your baby is so handsome and healthy!!! I think I am going to start recording all the new things my baby discovers, even though he is already 17 months, better late than never. Thanks for being an inspiration to me!
-Caitlin
cohensmama.blogspot.com

Angie said...

Such a cutie pie you've got, please share how you got your little one to sleep at night. My son is a few weeks younger than yours and our little guy still wakes up many times throughout the night.

The Bowersox Family said...

How did you get him to sleep through the night at 8 weeks? My baby is currently 8 weeks old and the most he sleeps is 4-5 hours the first part of the night but then he is up every three hours wanting to nurse.

Belle&Yankee said...

Westin is so handsome and growing so fast. It seems like yesterday you were blogging about your pregnancy. So glad all is well.

Karen said...

Your little guy is getting so big! I can't believe he is six months already. I really found six months to be such a transitional month from newborn to pre-toddler.
I am so glad you posted that the Mummums are at Target, I just put them on my list to buy tonight!!!! Thanks for the recommendation!

Karen

Darlene said...

I can't believe he is already 6 months old! He is just adorable!!♥

Empty Nest Full Life said...

What a sweet blessing!I know you are having the time of your life. Jackie