Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gulf Shores Part II

Just for memory sake I wanted to post some of my favorite snapshots from our vacation. This was our first vacation with a kiddo and boy was it different. I used to sit on the beach all day reading book after book. I would usually read one a day. This year I brought three and didn't crack a one. However, experiencing the beach with Westin was totally worth it!

It looks like Zach is yelling for help but he was actually yelling, "Cheeeeeeeese!" In other words, "take the picture and get me outta here!"


Colson is one smiley baby!

Just chillin' watchin' the waves. Westin's pale skin is something we laugh at in our family. We just aren't used to it. My brother Jason suggested we put some colorful buckets and shovels around him so we could see him against the sand. ;)

Our house had these great porch swings on the balcony. Papa is rocking Westin to sleep.

Mommy and Westin.



Gran and Westin

Just a slight difference in their skin tones. ;) Zach was so sweet to Westin and Colson all week. I've been laughing ever since we got back when I think about how Zach would "play" with Westin. He would come up to him and in a very high pitched, squeaky voice say, "hi little boy, hi little boy" while he was patting his head. Then he would put a toy on Westin's chest and move on. It was so cute! We had a wonderful time and I'm already looking forward to next year!

17 comments:

Life with my sweeties said...

Love the pictures! It looks like you all had a wonderful time!!

Maryellen said...

WOW that photo of your Papa rocking Westin is so touching. That would make a wonderful painting. To see those generations & the love and caring is just so moving.
Looks like a blessed vacation . . .

julie & joe said...

Cute! I was wondering how you were. Looks like you had a great time!
Almost everyone in our family is pale. Aaron looks so white compared to one of his cousins. He's 4 1/2 and my niece and 6 year old nephew still call him "baby Aaron".

melissa said...

Hi Shannon! What great pictures! We have been to Destin but never Gulf Shores! We live in SW Florida and the difference in the beaches is incredible! We are planning a family reunion next January ( I know, it will be freezing) with relatives from TX and we have determined Gulf Shores as halfway. Can you email me the name of the house you rented? It is adorable and so hard to trust some photos of online real estate co's! We learned that the hard way this summer in Tennessee :(

thanks, and your baby is precious!

Melissa
the4morans@aol.com

Cari said...

Ok the difference between Westin and Zach's skintone completely cracks me up! I can't wait to experience the beach with Lincoln for the first time! Maybe next summer. Glad you had a great time!

Deidre said...

I'm not just saying this Shannon but Westin is beautiful. I love the pics when he's in full-smile. :) So sweet.

'The H Family' said...

awww...those pics are great!! i love all of them! and i literally laughed OUT LOUD and am still laughing at how zach 'played' with westin...'hi little boy!'....that is soooo funny!! aren't kids hilarious?!?! that is just sooo funny to me...i can just picture it! cousins are sooo fun (and funny!)

Cuddles and Chaos said...

Your family is so sweet. I love Westin's big happy smile.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Westin is so cute! From one pale person to another, I love how he matches the sand. Isn't it cute when little boys baby talk? So precious!

A Hint of Home said...

What great pictures! All the little are adorable.
It's fun making all those memories.

Jennifer said...

Great pictures!! especially love Westin being rocked by his Papa:) and him chillin' in the sand!! The wonder of vacation:)

Nicole ~ said...

Shannon, the pics are just priceless!! I love the one with Westin & your feet, to sweet for words!!!

The Photo Goo said...

Must be love, if your toes are touching :)

Anna said...

Love the feet picture!

Karen said...

Hi Shannon, what beautiful pictures you took on your trip! I can completely relate to how it is now vacationing with an infant. This was our first Summer vacationing in Myrtle Beach with Jillian and it seemed like everytime we got ready to go to the beach, she would fall asleep for a nap! :) I didn't read any book either but it was worth it having fun with her. Glad to see you had such a great time!

Karen

Heather said...

I am so glad you had a great vacation! I love the comments about Westin's skin tone! It could change over time, I think he is precious, as I know y'all do too! I missed going to the beach this year, hoping to make it happen next year! Great pics!

Alex and Jill said...

My favorite pic is of your Papa rocking Westin...melt my heart!!