Friday, July 23, 2010

Shower Curtain

First of all I must say that it is impossible (for me) to photograph this room. I guess there is not enough natural light and I'm not sure how to use all the settings on my camera. :) Anyways, this has turned into the never ending project! Haha That is just the way things are around here now and that is okay.

I found the fabric at Hancocks and loved it but it wasn't the look I was going for. However, at $6.99 a yard (on sale from $21.99 a yard) it quickly became the look I was going for. :) I wanted it to almost be floor to ceiling panels but since it was on clearance they only had 4.5 yards so that is what I had to work with.

I used Heat n Bond to hem all four sides of the panels and clipped them on some drapery rings. I then hung the drapery rings on a wooden closet rod that I bought at Lowe's. The shower rod that holds the shower liner is hung lower behind the panels.

I like the way the blue/greens are pulled out in the wall color. Sherwin Williams Svelte Sage.
I still need to find something to go above the bead board, hang the new light fixture, find a new rug, frame out the mirror and figure something out for the other side of the sink. One step at a time..... Westin is a pretty good shopper but he does have his limits. Haha

So far I really like how it is turning out but I'm anxious to get it finished. :) Happy Weekend!

26 comments:

Katie said...

I like it!!

nell ann said...

I have the exact same fabric - via Hobby Lobby -- in three projects at my house ... which have actually all changed since buying the fabric. But I still think it's pretty and now I'm wishing there was a way to put it in my bathroom. Do you know Miss Mustard Seed? She used the same fabric for this giant headboard crown thingy. Just goes to show what good taste you have!

julie & joe said...

I think it looks great!

Darlene said...

It looks GREAT!!! I do hate those never-ending projects though...lol

Karen said...

I think it looks great! Of course, I love toile. I just found a great site for prints and the prices are really good. It's www.pennylanepublishing.com Maybe there is something there you would like. I did see quite a few bird prints. It does take awhile to get through their catalog since their are 2100 prints to look at. Just a thought...... blessings!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Looking good. I love that friendly little fern, too!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Love it!

3LittleByrds said...

It's looking good. Love the color and you're right little one's have their limits when shopping. My 3 aren't crazy about it but do it.

Dana said...

Love the shower curtain! U r talented!! I have wanted to frame out our bathroom mirrors but don't know how...so when you do it pls do share how you do it :D

Pamela said...

It will be great!

Angie said...

The room looks beautiful! Love the fabric and cute accessories.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Very pretty. You have done a great job! Jackie

Ashley said...

I LOVE the fabric!!!!! And the molding is beautiful! I want to head over to HB and see if they have it at my location :)

Sara said...

i have the same shower curtain in our bathroom down stairs as I love the pattern. I have it as our bedspread in our masterbed room as well. Except I bought them at Sears from the catlogue . I'm from Canada. Oh yes I have a cousin who was looking for a boys name that had something different to it and in and I suggested Westin and they used that name

duchess said...

Lookin' good so far.

hi-d said...

Beautiful fabric!!! :)

Shady Lady! said...

Looks great! I love on one side of the sink to add height add a tiered server or a plate stand with 2 or 3 plates & put some fun soaps or bath bombs on them (the bath bombs from basin are wonderful & make the whole room smell great!).

Emily said...

Very pretty!

Rebekah said...

It looks great! Now that I live here, can you come over and HELP me!?!?! You have such a great eye! And I will just say, even at 16 months they still have their limits and it is never long enough to get everything done you need to!

The Lynchs said...

Oh I love that fabric!!! I'm fabric shopping for a shower cutain myself, ha!

HeathahLee said...

LOVE, LOVE LOVE IT! Of course I love it...it's toile! : )

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I love it! Is the plant real? I really like the bit of green.

Jennifer said...

Looking good!!!

Melissa Searle said...

Beautiful as always! :) Love it. Hope you can get it finished soon, but we all know how it is with babies hey! Your right, i laughed out Loud when you said, Westin is a pretty good shopper, but he has his limits! LOL Caleb is like that too! Haha ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks great...You should put molding around your mirror!! That would really finish the room.

Amber said...

I actually really like the fabric! Before I read your post and realized it wasn't your 1st choice fabric, I just saw the photos and thought, "That shower curtain fabric is great!" How many panels of the fabric did you have to hang?