Friday, May 7, 2010

A Few Pretties

THANK YOU for all of your advice on the bottle thing!! Y'all gave me some ideas that I had never considered before. We are going to try some of them every night until it works. :) I'll keep you posted!

I have loved my Mom's peonies for years. They smell wonderful and are just so pretty! This year my goal was to plant some in my yard. I didn't want to wait a year for them to bloom so I bought two that already had a bud on them. :)

I picked this one a few days after we planted them. I agree with Katie from Harrington House, they are too special to leave outside.

A couple of days later I brought the other one in. I've been enjoying them all week and they are still going strong. Hopefully next year I'll have more than two to bring in.

Aren't these jars so pretty? My Mom's friend, Danielle, gave them to me. She saw them one day and thought they looked just like me. How sweet is that. I have two in the guest bathroom and one in the living room right now. They are so spring-y and I love all the colors on the birds. I'll be able to move these all over the house to enjoy them every day. :)

16 comments:

Jill said...

Good Luck with the bottle thing. I struggled with it as well and after a week with the same bottle and same hubby (lol), she finally gave in.

Best wishes!!

abby @ tales and trials said...

Your peonies are really pretty. They are such a classy looking flower! :)

Also I like your bird jars. Very spring-y indeed!

julie & joe said...

Peonies are beautiful but don't be surprised if you don't have many (or any) blooms next year. They usually take a few years to get established. I transplanted peonies from my grandmother's house a few years ago and I just have a couple of tiny buds again this year.

So glad you got great tips from the other post.

We are headed to Oops this afternoon.....have you been lately? Is there any thing good?

Musings Of A Gem said...

Wow I have heard so much about Peonies recently on blogs! I really must check them out :) Good luck with feeding your baby. I'm not a mum so didn't comment on your previous post!

Gemma X http://musings-of-a-gem.blogspot.com/

Reynie said...

The little one will get the bottle thing soon enough but please do keep us posted. And those flowers are gorgeous! And so are Katie's flowers! I told her yesterday that I had plant envy!!

Katie said...

Soo pretty! When I brought mine in the other day and I was looking for something to put them in, I looked at one of my cruets...and I actually thought about you and your collection...but I don't have any that are NEAR that pretty, so I stuck them in some small apothecaries and some of the babies' glass bottles. It seems like I had two years where I only had a few blooms, then the following year, they were loaded!! Sweet birdie bottles, too! :o)

Twice as Nice said...

I have two of the bird bottles. The one with the blue bird and the square one. I put some raffia around the necks of the bottles but if you come up with something clever to go inside, let me know.

Laura said...

These are so pretty! I love the flowers.

The Lynchs said...

I love peonies! They are such happy flowers! One of these days I'll plant some in my yard - just have to find the perfect spot!

Maryellen said...

Your peonies are beautiful. I live in an apt and don't have a yard. My Aunt down the street has two bushes for me. I look forward to every year when they bloom.
A peony is my wedding flower.

HeathahLee said...

I love those bottles, too!

My poor peony bush has just one forlorn bloom on it that I'm actually about to bring in. It's too pretty not to be enjoyed indoors.

Leslie said...

Just wanted to wish you a happy first Mother's Day!!!

Angie said...

Beautiful flowers and the bird bottles are adorable! Good luck with the bottle situation!

Janis said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day! Westin is adorable!

Laurie Anne said...

Hi Shannon,
I really enjoy your blog. Just wanted to zip you a little tip for making the most of your peonies. As the plants get bigger and you start getting more buds, you want to make sure you snip off any small buds that are too close to bigger buds (I hope that makes sense) This allows the main buds to produce nice big flowers.
:0)

Bonnie said...

I have been thinking about these flowers since you made this post. I love, love, love those peonies! I wonder if they would grow in Vegas though? So beautiful...