Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Westin's Bathroom

I didn't change anything in the bathroom in Westin's room because it was already in browns and coordinated with his nursery. I did want to personalize it a little bit though so I bought some frames from Hob Lob to put his pictures in. I bought the same open back frame (different size) that I framed Cody's going home outfit in. They were a little too stark white so I put a brown glaze (watered down acrylic paint) on it and wiped it off with a paper towel.

The frames are 8x10 and his pictures are 5x7 so I knew I needed a mat. I also needed glass since it was an open back frame. However, the glass was going to be $7 each so I asked if they had cheaper options and she showed me this plastic. You cannot even tell it is plastic and it even comes with a cardboard backing to put in your frame. Plus it was only two dollars.

I put it all together and then taped down the back with painters tape. I love using the tape for things like this because it is easily changeable.
It is really hard to get a picture in his bathroom but I did the best I could. :)


After I hung them, Cody informed me that I framed the same picture that was used on his announcement. :) Sooooo, I'll be changing that soon. Not sure what I was thinking. Ha

This was so simple and so cheap. My kind of project!


P.S. Ali, I know you have asked me to come to your blog and asked about the nursery paint color but I can't get to your page. Everytime I click on your name it says Profile Not Available. So leave me your blog address in the comments if you can. Thanks!

37 comments:

duchess said...

Looks good & that picture was just so darn cute, you couldn't help but choose it for both things.
Hope y'all are all doing well & settling into a routine.

Heather L. said...

So sweet! I love it!

Meredith said...

Really cute!!!

Shelby said...

Love this!

Vanessa said...

So cute!!! Looks great! I used to frame the same pic all around the house. In fact I still have them framed and love them! It's a mommy thing I guess.
Best! Vanessa

Brittany said...

Very cute!

arkie said...

Love how it looks!

The Lynchs said...

That's my kindof project, too! Cheap and beautiful! I think the glaze over the frames looks awesome. I believe I have some white ones of my own that need a little jazzing up!

Ali said...

Hey Shannon! So sorry you could not get through to my blog.
wwww.theblochfamtx.blogspot.com

I hope this helps! Love the new bathroom ideas!

Musings Of A Gem said...

Looks great...very sweet!! :D

Reynie said...

Looks adorable and very personalized! Love it! PS Thanks for the tip on the laundry bag! I can't believe I didn't think of that before. Thanks again!

Amanda Jo said...

Love the creative solution to the glass dilemma! They look GREAT!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Very sweet!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I love it!!

julie & joe said...

That looks so sweet!!!

Traci said...

The pictures look great! I had no idea there was such a thing as that plastic stuff!!

Rambling Girl said...

So cute, Shannon! He is such a cutie you had to do a double dose of pics...

nell ann said...

That's so cute -- and I have totally done that before. You know, because it's your favorite picture. I once ordered the same picture in like eight sizes for my house. Silly me. It's just so easy when you have such adorable babies! : )

Alex and Jill said...

So cute. Love his sweet little face!!

OUR BLENDING JOURNEY said...

I love Westin's room and bathroom. You're so talented in your decor. Enjoy him. They grow soooo fast!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Awwww. He is just so cute. Dont feel bad about the same picture. I didnt notice till Cody said something..hehe. Lack of sleep...you will feel yourself again..promise. Hugs~ Susie

Heather said...

I love it, it looks beautiful!

AnaLisa said...

Hi! I just found your blog and I love it. Just thought I'd say hi. Cute projects.

Darlene said...

I love his picture hanging in the bathroom. Looks great!

Angie said...

They look so great! Love the aging on the frame.

Jennie said...

Congrats on your new addition!
I enjoy reading your blog and getting new decorating ideas for my home. I have an award for you over at my blog. :)

Melanie said...

What sweet picture frames. Beautiful! My blog is worshipoursavior.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Pregnancy brain. (wink) At least the picture is an easy change! And these are a cute addition to the bathroom.

Evi said...

Love the frames and the pictures. If we decide to have another baby I'll have to remember those cute hat pictures and do the same. Soooo cute!! I was like you with my house and now that my daughter is 18 months old the toys are everywhere - I do have lots of cute baskets to hold everything though :) The house stays organized for about an hour then all the baskets are empty and you're stepping on toys all day long. I love it though - all the joy that babies bring into our lives and the house just has a new look of a playful family. We are trying to teach clean-up now :) Enjoy each day and all the baby reminders around the house - you are so blessed.

Em @ Bunch of Scrap said...

The picture actually looks different in each frame! Leave it ;) Westin is such a cutie!

A Hint of Home said...

The pictures and frames look great in there.
Hope all is well with all of you.
Wes is adorable!

Pink Lady Bug said...

Love the idea. There really are no limits to where you can add character to your house - I never thought of decorating the bathroom before...or the laundry. The possibilities! Oh, and Westin just looks so cute in that hat!

Katy said...

Awesome! the pics look great in the frames...hey, it's ok they're the same picture. :) he he

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

So super cute! :) Love these pics!!

Marci @ All Things Wonderful said...

Beautiful! I love the idea of the bronze paint.

Sarah Lewis said...

New follower from Social Parade!

http://lewiscrazyhouse.blogspot.com

Kim Hancock said...

He is so precious... congratulations!