Thursday, June 4, 2009

Paint Party!

Edit-The similar color to Peanut Shell is Restrained Gold. Not Warm Buff. I guess I totally made that up. Sorry!

Today I am joining the party over at 320 Sycamore. We are showing pictures of our favorite paint colors. I cannot wait to see everyone's faves because picking out paint can be hard!

My number one favorite color is Peanut Shell by Pratt and Lambert. If you do not have a store that sells Pratt and Lambert then don't worry! Sherwin Williams and Lowes have the code. I use this color as a neutral in my house and have used it in all of our homes. All two of them.

The top pic is our living room (I have since added drapes) and the second one is our laundry. I have this color in our entry, living room, kitchen and laundry. I love it! If you don't want to mess with asking for the code and everything, my mom has found that Warm Buff from Sherwin Williams is a close match.

I also love Svelte Sage by Sherwin Williams. It is the perfect green color to me. This is in our guest bathroom.

Our dining room is painted Mudslide from the American Tradition line at Lowes. I love this color too even though it took FOUR coats! My husband was killing me when it was all said and done. He loves it too though so that is all that matters. :)

Today is my friend Christina's birthday! Remember her beautiful house and precious nurseries? Happy Birthday!!

26 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Oooh, love your paint colors and decor. Everything looks so clean and fresh!

Suzanne

Shelby said...

I have the same curtains you have in your dining room in my living room and kitchen. Mine are paired with Blonde by Sherwin Williams, but I LOVE it with that dark brown!

the undomesticated wife said...

We had a similar situation with our red dining room....1 coat of primer and 5 coats of paint. Oy! :)

Lindy said...

I love your colors, which doesn't surprise me because I love your taste in decorating!

Darlene said...

I LOVE your beautiful paint colors!

duchess said...

All good choices.

Heather said...

I love your laundry room, where did you get that sign?? So cute, I have seen it before in the decals but not like that!! I love every single accessory in there, surprised huh?!! :)

Joanna said...

What beautiful paint colors. I love that you use that peanut shell color as a neutral. It's so very pretty! We were looking for a color for our hallway and this maybe it!

Spencer Family 6 said...

Love the mudslide color. Brown was a hard color for me to pick....so many choices, almost like how many choices there are for white!

Devri said...

I love your paint colors too, I need to paint badly. In our old house we had so many lovely colors, in the new house.. blah for now!

Laurie said...

I love all your paint colors and that birdcage on the laundry room cabinets is beautiful!

mrs boo radley said...

What a fun idea! I love a good paint color party. Right now I'm so content with white, but I think that will change eventually...

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Thanks for sharing your paint colors! I love seeing what everyone else has done! Ideas, ideas....:)

melissa said...

Hi Shannon! I know you're on vacation (I think you are), so I really appreciate you joining! I love the peanut shell~it's good to know that Lowes has their codes. Svelte sage is a great color~my mom just used it in her bathroom. I would say that brown was worth the 4 coats as well. You're not on the Mr. linky, so is it ok if I add you? Have a great day~

A Hint of Home said...

Love your colors. I have a similar one that I use on most of my walls. You can do anything with it. Love your dining room, too.

delightfuldwelling said...

I love your paint colors. You laundry room is so cute and cheerful.

Mrs. Trixi said...

I love your paint colors. I have not tried the svelty sage yet but hope to.

Kelli said...

Can I please have your laundry room...it's adorable. Love your colors.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Love Svelte Sage - I'm seeing it lots of places and think I better go pick up a swatch.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Oh yeah! I can't wait to check out all the colors! I've got a couple of rooms that I'm trying to decide on. Love your colors!

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

I love the peanut shell and how you have used it with your maple/honey cabinets. My friend is looking for something to go well with hers and I think it might be it!! I have a SW color stick but I can't find warm buff - could that be an old color name?
I have a similar dark brown in my kitchen and I love it too! Although I want those curtains!
Thanks for your help!

The Graves' House said...

love the mudslide. makes your dinning room curtains pop!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I just caught up on what you've posted about your SIL Katie. I'm so glad she is recovering and I will include her in my prayers. What a scary time this has been for her and for all of you. HUGS!

~ Sarah

Susan said...

All very pretty...I love your house:)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I should have known you'd have beautiful walls too. I love the Mudslide!!! It was definitely worth the multiple coats.
So glad to hear your SIL is on the mend. The power of prayer!

Linda said...

svelte sage is a great color but my favorite is the mudslide.....