Tuesday, May 26, 2009

3:40 PM Tuesday

I just got off the phone with Jason. They were not able to do a MRI because her back hurts too much and she was too claustrophobic.

The nurse did get her hooked up for her EEG. Katie was not happy about having all of those wires glued to her head. They will be monitoring her brain activity for 8 hours and watching for seizures.

They were also successful at getting her PICC line in.

Some great news: The OB did an ultrasound on Reese and everything appears to be just fine. She is measuring 26 weeks 4 days and Reese is 2lbs 3oz. Right on track! Thank you Lord!

Overall, Katie is really upset, frustrated, unhappy and in a lot of pain. She wants everyone (the Doctors) to leave her alone but unfortunately this day seems to be all about tests. Hopefully she will be able to get some uninterrupted sleep tonight and tomorrow while we wait on the test results.

She was able to eat a little bit of a muffin this morning and some sherbet. Her Dr. said she will have to eat some dinner tonight for them not to do a feeding tube. Please pray that she eats.

The results from her spinal tap yesterday showed her white blood cell count was going down so that is great news too!

So right now please pray for total comfort for Katie and peaceful, restful sleep.

21 comments:

The Graves' House said...

i will continue my prayers for your family. hopefully she will be able to eat on her own tonight. glad to hear all is good with baby...

the osbornes said...

we'll be praying for peace & hunger for Katie. Thanks for keeping us updated with specific prayer requests.

the osbornes said...

we'll be praying for peace & hunger for Katie. Thanks for keeping us updated with specific prayer requests.

Katie said...

Praying and praying...

Natalie Lueders, EDM said...

please let katie know I'm praying for her. In Christ, Natalie Kelley Lueders

rach87 said...

we will continue to pray. thank you for the updates.

rachel "greene" bierman

Brittany said...

Continuing in prayer and thankful Reese is doing well.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the update! We are praying!

Paige said...

Still praying! Thanks for the specific ways we can intercede on her behalf.

Elizabeth said...

I have been praying for your sister in law. I'm from LR and know lots of people, so if there is anything specific that your family needs please let me know.

Rachel www.jackandcoledesigns.com said...

I am praying for your sister in law. My husband and meningitis last month and it was horrible. I couldn't stand to see him in that much pain.

I found your blog from Kelly's blog. Reese is a beautiful name by the way.. we are pregnant and Reese was one of my girl name choices!

julie & joe said...

Praying for Katie and Reese.

Girl with the Curlz said...

Praying that she will improve each day and that she will be able to eat for dinner tonight and not need the NG tube for feeding. My mother in law is in the hospital right now with one and it is so uncomfortable. Thanks so much for keeping us all updated.

3LittleByrds said...

Praying for Katie that she'll get rest soon and feel better.

Sean said...

My husband had been leading family prayer for Katie (and Reese and Jason) and I have been praying whenever I think about it. Tonight we'll pray specifically for rest and a big appetite :)

Mitzi in FL

Alex and Jill said...

Praying without ceasing.

((hugs))

Lana said...

I'm glad to hear the good news of her being able to eat a little. My prayers are still with her.

The Browns said...

I will continue to pray for her. Poor girl, my heart just goes out to her...I hope she will eat something tonight & feel better tomorrow.

Ally0005 said...

Praying!!!!!
Hugs, Ally

The Pifer's said...

Still praying sweetie!!!!!!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

OMGOSH Shannon I am just now catching up on my blog reading. I am so sorry about Katie. I stopped and prayed just now and will continue to pray for her. I am sure this has been really scary.