Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Song

source

Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
Charles Wesley

Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say: Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth, reply: Alleluia!

Lives, again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Dying once He all doth save, Alleluia!
Where thy victory, O grave? Alleluia!

Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids Him rise, Alleluia!
Christ hath opened paradise, Alleluia!

Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia!
Following our exalted Head, Alleluia!
Made like Him, like Him we rise, Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!
Charles Wesley wrote this hymn in 1739 and titled it, "Hymn for Easter Day."
*Hymn history taken from Then Sings My Soul by Robert J. Morgan.

17 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Happy Easter!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

Thank you for your bloggy friendship. It warms my spirit.
Happy Easter!

PS be certain to drop by on Monday to enter my giveaway!

Vashti said...

Happy Easter my lovely friend!
Hope you and your family have a blessed day.
xx

Stephanie said...

Happy Easter. Hope you and your family have a blessed day.

hi-d said...

Love that song, and Love this Day. He is RISEN! God Bless You!
hi-d

Karyn said...

The Lord has truly been raised!
Happy Easter.

the undomesticated wife said...

Happy Easter Shannon!

TCKK said...

Great song. In fact, we sang it at church today! I really like the song, but it's terribly hard for me to play on the piano. So I wasn't all that thrilled that we did it! lol

Heather said...

Happy easter to you and your family!!!

Gena said...

Happy Easter to you! This is one of my all-time favorite hymns.

Lora said...

Happy Easter, Shannon!

Alex and Jill said...

I hope you had a wonderful Easter, girl!

Corbett said...

I Hope everyone had a happy easter.

Sandy Toes said...

Wonderful song!
sandy toe

Sit A Spell said...

Just beautiful!

Read a post below...we had lots of knocking on our door when we lived in Colorado. It was awful...would have loved your cute little sign for my porch. (I hope it doesn't get stolen lol)

Bless...Shell

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Easter is not complete without this wonderful hymn!

Lindy said...

We sang this in church on Easter. It's one of my favorite hymns!