Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Song

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
Louisa M. R. Stead

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest up on His promise;
Just to know "Thus saith the Lord."

Jesus, Jesus how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me,
Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Jesus, Jesus how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest and joy and peace.

Jesus, Jesus how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Jesus, Jesus how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!
Louisa M. R. Stead was born in 1850, became a Christian at age 9 and felt the call to missions when she was a teenager. She married but her husband was tragically taken in a drowning accident. She soon took her 4 yr. old daughter to South Africa where she wrote this hymn. She was a missionary in South Africa for fifteen years. She died in 1917 but her daughter married a missionary and continued to work for many years in Zimbabwe.
*Hymn history from Then Sings My Soul by Robert J. Morgan.

12 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Love this song!

Marketing Gurl said...

I love your idea on Sunday's! I love your blog too. I always get good decorating ideas from your posts! I left you an award. Love, MG

CherryTreeLane said...

What a perfect song to hear today....

sweet momma luv u said...

Your Sunday posts are lovely! It is neat to here the old hymns played on a fabulous organ.

Have a fantastic rest of the weekend!
:)

Jennifer said...

I love singing along to your Sunday songs!

Wendy said...

I recently discovered your blog and I love it! I especially love this hymn!

Woodard Gang said...

Love, love this song...I remember singing it as a little girl in church many times :) What a neat idea to post a song every Sunday...Thanks!

Also, I tried your monogrammed frame idea...it was too fun to do :) Thanks for the idea~

sew trendi said...

I just love your Sunday Songs! I always look forward to that blog each week, wondering what song your going to post:o)

Cali Girl said...

i tagged you. come and see.

jenjen said...

What wonderful lyrics. Thank you!

Jen

Marci @ All Things Wonderful said...

Love that song....great story.

Denise K. said...

Thanks for sharing this!!! May God bless you today and always!

By the way, I think your fireplace looks fantastic, and your home is beautiful! :-)

It's been about a week since I have been by, so I have got some catching up to do!

Happy Sunday!

With love from Colorado,
Denise :-)