Stacey from The Blessed Nest (cute blog!) tagged me for a fun Christmas tag. I'm making some chocolate chip cookies but thought I could sneak a post in.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
I'm not much for hot drinks but am addicted to Starbucks Carmel Hot Chocolate this year.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Now they are all wrapped but when we were little there was one unwrapped.
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Or course! And we use it daily!
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Always the weekend before Thanksgiving. Very stress free!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
We (me and my two brothers) would always wake up my parents but then we would have to wait for what seemed like forever for them to get ready and get the video camera set up on the tripod. Then we could walk into the living room and see what Santa left. After we finished at our house we drove to my grandparents where we had to wait outside for forever again while they got the camera set up. We would always try to look in the window to get a glimpse of something. One year I peeked in the window and saw a scooter!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember but my first grade teacher did tell everyone at school one day that Santa was not real. A few kids cried.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
10. How do you decorate your tree?
In lime greens, reds and golds.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
12. Can you ice skate?
I say that I can but most people would call it "walking" in ice skates.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I do not recall a favorite gift but I distinctly remember the three years that I got a cool art set, a leather jacket and a scooter.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being with family and remembering the true Reason for the season.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Anything chocolate with no nuts
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Every year my mom wraps Baby Jesus from the nativity set and it is always the last gift under the tree. On the tag it says, "To the (our last name) Kids. Love, God". We take turns opening it each year.
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
Feathers and something that Cody calls an alien. (More on that later!)
18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving?
Both are really fun!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night
20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck?
21. What do you want for Christmas?
A new camera
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Yes, with our Sunday School class
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs?
We are dressed casual
24. Do you own a Santa hat?
No and No, thank you.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
Divided between our families.