Friday, October 10, 2008

Fun Stuff

A BIG thank you to Coco from Ordinary Miracles for this award! She has an excellent blog with wonderful pictures. A true designer! Go check her out!




Thank you Naturally Caffeinated Family for this award too! Her blog is so cute too and she has a really cute little boy!



Also, Heather from The Holton's @ Home and Lora from My Blessed Life has tagged me and asked me to list 7 things about myself. I recently did this so it was hard to think about more things.



1. Continuing with my dislikes of food-I hate nuts of any kind. The only time I can eat a nut is in a Snickers bar. I think the chocolate and carmel drowns out the nuts.

2. I am a neat freak. However, having my bed unmade does not bother me.

3. I usually only buy clothes at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy or Forever 21.

4. I am a really plain dresser. I usually only wear solid colors. Boring, I know.

5. I am loving the Duggars' new show, 17 and Counting. It is neat since we live in the same town.

6. I have lived here for 3 years and have never seen the Duggars anywhere. And they would be hard to miss!

7. If you don't know who the Duggars are go here.



You need to check out my friend Brittany's blog. We met on Rate My Space a long time ago and became fast friends. She just started a blog and you are going to be blown away when she starts showing her Christmas trees. They are amazing! Not to mention her cute little boy Rhett.

23 comments:

julie & joe said...

I saw the Duggars many times when I lived in NWA. It was when Jim Bob was campaigning and we saw them everywhere. Of course, I also worked for the judge and we saw him there too. I watch the whole thing kind of like a train wreck.....I want to stop looking but I can't.

Leigh said...

Ther eis a bling award at my place from yesterday's post. A brillant premio award for you.

Mandi said...

I can't believe you've lived in the same town for 3 years and have never laid eyes on one of the Duggars!!!

les_mason_curt said...

love your 7 things.  congrats on the blog awards... they are so fun to get!

Holly said...

Hi Shannon. Just wanted to let you know that I linked to you today on my blog. I did your cupcake dome project.

Amy said...

Love your list!! Congrats on the award too.

Alyce said...

I'm off to see who these Duggars are???
Congrats on the awards ;-)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

You definitely deserve the awards! Great stores although I haven't found anything at Banana recently! I've never heard of the Duggar family before, that's crazy that you live in the same town!

Alyce said...

OK..yep..I have seen them on news shows before..Are all the children biological? I want to think yes..yikes...

HeathahLee said...

Okay, I just clicked over to Brittany's blog and that jack-o-lantern book is just too cute! She mentioned that you posted about who came up with it (or something like that). Do you remember where it came from? I'd love to see Christmas versions!

I can't wait to see her Christmas Trees!

Bella said...

I am a neat freak too...I hate it sometimes though, I don't let myself relax!!! I, too, also wear very plain and boring solid colors...A LOT!!! Too funny!

Our Blessed Family said...

Okay So how does the award thing work? Do people just make them up? I am just curious!
BTW, I can not wait to see your hair! That makes me happy that I was part of the inspiration! And I also love keeping up with the Duggers! CRAZY to me that they are able to handle that!!!

AndreaLeigh said...

I joke that the only time I make my bed is when I change my sheet or my mother is coming to visit. Haha!

The Berry's Patch said...

Congratulations on your awards Shannon. I'm with you on the solid color clothes. For some reason I just don't like prints on me. :-)

Sue said...

Congratulations on the awards---you deserve them---your blog is wonderful! I think it's neat that you live in the same town as the Duggars but can't believe you haven't seen them. I have to watch each time they are on TV...I am amazed!

Lora said...

Fun facts! It is kind of amazing that you haven't seen the Duggars in person. Just shows how much NWA has grown in the past few years, I guess.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

I grew up with a boy name Rhett...you don't hear it often other than Gone with the Wind...I love that name. Fun to read up on ya. and congrats on the award you deserve it. cherry

Cari said...

I am a plain dresser too! It's very rare that I have on a print of some kind and I usually shop at the same stores as well! I left a question on my blog today that maybe you can help me with? Have a great weekend!

Betsy said...

Your right, Brittany rocks! She is one of my dearest real-life not blog land friends. She had surgery this week so that is why she has not posted recently. Her house is beautiful. Maybe you will not see them because there are too many of them to go anywhere! CRAZY!

Suzanne said...

Hey Shannon!
I am loving the Duggar's new show too! I was actually wondering if you lived close to them. I also just got back from Charlotte and went to the Blacklion. It was a different one than the Nester's Blacklion. You would have loved it!! I was on design overload!

Happy Fall!
Suzanne

Shea said...

I just started reading your blog and I lovvvee it. You are so creative and your home is amazing! Congrats on your awards!

Brittany said...

Oh, yay! I made your blog! That is so sweet. Thanks for the support. Now, if I can just find some interesting things to post to keep the folks coming back for more!

coco said...

I am finally catching up and reading your list...I don't like any kind of nuts either(not even in a snickers). I have never liked peanut butter but I LOVE homemade peanut butter cookies (made with creamy peanut butter of course).