Friday, July 18, 2008

Awarded and Tagged

Yea!! I got an award!! Well, a blog award, which is still just as great! And even better, it is a brilliant award! :) Thank you Jo at To A Pretty Life and Jill at Forever and Ever House.

Also, I was tagged by Darlene of Darlene's Days and Laura at Making a House a Home . I am supposed to list 6 random things about me.

1. I do not like feet. I do not like my own feet to touch much less Cody's feet touching mine. So every single night Cody slides his foot over and touches my foot just so I can cringe.


2. I do not like coffee although I love the smell of coffee.


3. I am not really into music. I listen to the radio in the car (it never changes stations) and that is about it. That is why I don't have music on my blog and have my volume turned down in case someone might have music. Plus I can't read and listen to music at the same time! :)


4. I graduated college with an interior design degree.


5. I love being a full time nanny!


6. I read about one book per week.

If you read this, consider yourself tagged! I spent all day today shopping while my husband and father in law and my dad worked on my mantel. Pics to come!

16 comments:

sara said...

I should find it no surprise that you have a degree in interior design. Maybe one day when you aren't being a nanny, that's what you'll do? For other peoples, anyways!

emily said...

Just came across your blog, and i'm enjoying reading it! You have some great decorating ideas!

emily

Laura said...

How fitting you have an interior design degree! Thank you so much for participating in the tag! It's funny because I LOVE coffee and hardly ever finish a book! I didn't know you were a full time nanny!

Laura :)

kate said...

Congrats on the award!

That cracks me up your DH touches your foot just to see you cringe. Sounds like he could be friends with my DH, he does that stuff to me all the time!

At Home In Georgia said...

Interior design... I will check back to see what you do with your mantel. In one of your posts you showed a monogram you made and framed it...I made one today. Love your ideas!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Hi Shannon! I don't like coffee either but love the smell of it...go figure! Can't wait to see your mantle. I would be more than happy to send you some of the ribbon if you would like! It came from a little speciality store here in our little town. Thanks for visiting! cherry

mommy2gabby said...

I can't wait to see the mantel! Interior Design how cool is that. You have great idea's and such talent. I enjoy your blog.

I started down that road, but ended up with a BS in Occupational Therapy. I was a little set in my ways to have to learn about different styles of decorating at the time!

Jody

Joy said...

I know this is going to sound weird but, I HATE feet too! even my own and I'm so happy to know that there are other people like me (I even read your fact to my husband to prove that I'm not alone in this world)
I'm enjoying your house tour. Your home is warm and inviting!

My Beautiful Mess..... said...

Congrats on your award!! That is awesome! I bet you have spent the weekend celebrating :) Not at all surprised to find out that you have a degree in interior design...just look at your house and you can see you have mad skills!!

Kim said...

Way to go on the award!

I love your dining room. Things that are passed down have so much meaning...so many memories...and more to be made!

Our dining room is a work in progress. My mother wanted us to take her furniture, but we knew it would be too big for the space. Now what we have, I believe, is too big for the space. lol

Marie said...

I'm SHOCKED you have a degree in interior design. It doesn't show at all! ha ha ha ha :o)

I love your house tour! Your guest rooms are so pretty. Your bathrooms are so pretty! Everything is so pretty!!

For the record... my husband's feet are disgusting. I'd die if he touched me with his. Yuck. However, I think my feet are my best feature. hee hee

The Berry Patch said...

Congratulations on the award Shannon! I'm not surprised you have an interior design degree. Your house looks like you do. I'm with you on the music and blogs. I can't read and listen at the same time.

I can't wait to see your mantel!

Brandee :-)

Sarah said...

I can't read and listen to music at the same time either. I get confused! Then if I start typing I find myself typing the words to the song! Congratulations on the award!

TriciaNae said...

Fun list. I did it too!!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Oooh, can't wait to see your mantle!

~ Sarah

Jo said...

Re: #4 - No wonder your house is gorgeous!