Monday, June 16, 2008

Imperfectly Beautiful

The Nester is hosting a "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful" party. She has asked everyone to post pictures of things in our life or home that are not perfect but are beautiful to us. This is a picture of our first house. It would not be considered perfect by any means with its crooked plaster walls, tiny closets, tiny kitchen and just all the little quirks that come with a house built in the forties. But it was perfect for us. This house was the first house we lived in as a married couple so it will always hold a special place in my heart.
This is a picture from Thanksgiving last year. It was imperfect in so many ways (mainly because it was at my house) but so beautiful. This was the first Thanksgiving dinner ever hosted at my house. We had over 12 people and I didn't even think about the fact that I wouldn't have enough silverware! I also had Thanksgiving decorations mixed with Christmas decorations (as you can see in the picture). Thank goodness I was not in charge of the food!! My mom came up the week before so she was able to cook a lot of the food. The most beautiful (and perfect) thing about this picture is my first nephew, Zach. He was born just a few days before Thanksgiving so that will always make this Thanksgiving special.

Head on over to The Nester to see some more examples of Imperfectly Beautiful.

17 comments:

The Nester said...

You never get over your first house. Or is it your first love? Or are they both the same?

I love photos of families really using houses. I always think that the house is smiling! Love seeing your pumpkins out the window too!

Thanks for sharing!

manda said...

I think your house and family are beautiful!

Songbirdtiff said...

I don't see anything "imperfect" about the second picture. Honestly, I didn't even notice the house, just a happy family. :)

Kimba said...

What a sweet house. It kind of looks like the house that my grandparents used to live in. Also built in the '40's.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful family!

Susie Harris said...

I still hold a special spot in my heart for my first home... I seem to have Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff out at the same time too, hehe.... I thought I was the only one that that happens to. I get so exicited I want everything decorated at once. Susie H

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Your first house was adorable!

~ Sarah

Marie said...

Okay. Where's the imperfectness? ;o) CUTE first house!! I hope to have fond 'first house memories' of this house we own too, someday.

Bella said...

Simply beautiful!

Katie said...

That was a special first Thanksgiving for Zach!

Serah said...

I love your first house! We love older houses, quirks and all!

And I love your current house, too!

Debbie said...

Beautiful house!

Diane said...

Perfect memories, that's what it's all about.

Nicole said...

That is the cutest first house ever. Me and my hubby lived in this ugly yellow trailor just off the college campus, we loved it. Your probobly couldn't pay me enough to live in something like that now. I don't know how much help I'll be on the monogram set, it sounds like you figured out which one I used, if you haven't bought it yet I saw a coupon today on this site http://emilygiovanni.com/?p=2027
It's a nicer one than I have but it has two different fonts which would be nice. As for stamp pads, I just used ones I had that I had bought from Close to My Heart. Let me know if you want me to tell what colors I used, I used their papper too by the way, that's if your talking about the ones from the giveaway. Just come move by me and you can borrow them :)

Jenny said...

I love the picture of your first house...talk about character! It has been fun reading through your posts. You have a great sense of decorating style!

Thanks for your sweet words you left on my blog. I love your idea about putting green apples in my rust red basket. That will look great! Thanks for the help!

I'll visit again soon!

Trisha said...

I think Thanksgiving was perfect BECAUSE it was at your house and you are a wonderful hostess!

Melissa Lester said...

I still remember our first house, a small Cape Cod style. My husband and I poured so much of ourselves in it, and I still miss it! I felt like I was truly grown up when we hosted my family for Thanksgiving there!

Bonita said...

CUTE house! And Zach just makes it altogether perfect.