Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Revived!

I'm so excited to see that all of my newly planted flowers made it through the 22 degree frost we had about a month ago. They all wilted and turned brown but I left them because we had just planted them a few days before and I didn't want to go buy more to replant.
Much to my surprise they all came back! I had given up hope and almost threw them away but over the last week I have seen a lot of green.
This hosta was not newly planted but I am just so surprised that it already has a bloom. It is the only one out of 7 that has one. The others haven't even shot up a stalk (is that what they are called?).
If you remember I was most devastated about my hydrangeas. Above is the before picture. After the frost they completely wilted and basically disappeared. I didn't even have a "dead" picture because it was so pitiful. I NEVER dreamed they would come back. A lot of you suggested to just leave them so I did and this is what I have now! I'm not sure they will bloom this summer but who cares!! They are back! They actually look a lot healthier now. Who knew!
Song of Solomon 2:12
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.



9 comments:

Leigh said...

Beautiful! Glad your little garden is springing to life.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Shannon, those antique stores are Bienvenue and Smiths Antiques. Smiths has another one right behind it, so two buildings. Great shopping!

Love your kitchen!

Rhoda

Marie said...

I'm so glad your plants weren't goners afer all! They are looking good! :o)

Katie said...

That's great! Oh and YEA for your hydrangeas! I so love hydrangeas! Can't wait for mine to start blooming!!!!!

Alyce said...

That is great Shannon...its so joyful to see the green!
Its so hard to kill hosta too, so you are good to go!
Alyce

Jo said...

I'm so glad your hydrangeas came back! I think the first post I read of yours was the one where you mentioned that they had been killed. Yay for plant ressurection!

Sandy said...

Hi Shannon,
Come on over to my blog and see what you've WON!
Have a fabulous weekend.
Blessings,
Sandy

jessica said...

I love your blog, found it from the lady who designed our womens ministry blog....anywho, thanks for inspiring and sharing, come visit sometime!

Flo said...

OK...new to your site and love your ideas! I've already gotten tons of tips from your pictures and "great finds". Could you please consider doing a photo tour of your home? It just looks so precious!