Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Weakness

WARNING: Major picture post!!

I thought I would show you my very real weakness for baskets. I saw this done over here and thought it would be fun. It seems like almost everywhere I go I pick up a basket if it is a good price. Mostly from garage sales and flea markets. They can have so many purposes! My favorite are the natural woven ones but I like the metal ones too.

You can mount them on the wall...

Or store dry goods in them....obviously this is for baking. The only kind of cooking I do. FYI-I got three of these from Oops for $3.00 each.

I love this handmade basket hanging over our bathtub.
They can be very practical...
Holding magazines by the sofa...
This might be my favorite basket because of the green color and the great $2.00 price at a garage sale.

I use this one to store books by the bed.

Cody thinks this is a shoe basket...
I even love basket trays...
They can be used for seasonal storage...
Or even to hold a plant....fake of course.
These are the most practical baskets I have. They hold file folders for our household stuff. I could go on and on and on but I would love to know what ways you incorporate baskets into your home.


14 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

I love your basket collection!! I'm having a little giveaway over on my blog, please stop by. Laurie

Chris said...

I love these baskets--especially the one over your tub. You just can't go wrong with baskets! Thanks for showing them off.

Marie said...

Great post! I loved all the pictures- you have some great baskets!!

andrea said...

I too love baskets.....so many ways to use them...

Katie said...

Hi, Shannon! I love your baskets!! That one over the top is sooo great... I have never seen anything like it! And do I see "The Power of a Praying Wife" in one of those wall-haning baskets? (Isn't that such a great book?) What a great idea to put all your baking goods in a basket! I may have to do that, too. Hehe! The picture of your husband's boots....hahaha! Anyway, those look like a really great pair of boots...the leather looks all nice and worn-in! :o) Love, love your baskets!! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend, Shannon!

Jo said...

Ok, I really like all your baskets, but the handmade one over your bathtub made me swoon. It's gorgeous! I don't have very many baskets, but they are mostly used to store things on shelves...diapers under the changing table, gloves and hats in the hall closet, etc.

Rue said...

I love all those baskets :) I use mine to hold my hundreds of magazines that I have yet to read LOL

Have a beautiful Sunday,
rue :)

Anonymous said...

Did you attend a Montessori school as a child? Did it stem from that? In a Montessori classroom, all the typical things that are paper, plastic, or metal in a standard classroom are made out of wood, and they are stored in baskets. After my son's second day in school he came home and wanted to put everything in his room on wooden baskets!
I like your collection!
Kim Feth in Apex, NC

Kelly said...

I love all of these baskets!!! I especially love the one in your bathroom!

Shannon said...

Kim, no I did not go to a Montessori school. I think I just love organization! :)

destiny said...

I love baskets, too! I love to organize things in them. They become addictive! I saw some great baskets in TJ Maxx this weekend!!

Blanca said...

I love your baskets. I find myself buying lots of baskets and containers of all sorts. Thanks for sharing you pictures.

Blanca

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I love baskets too! They are one of the most versatile things in the house!

Blessings,
Melissa

janae said...

I love the way you put your cookbooks standing in the basket - very cute!