Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hydrangeas

Cody built me a flower bed last Sunday and I could not be happier! We found some rock in a trash pile at a construction site and used it to outline the bed. I planted three hydrangea plants in it and I cannot wait to see them bloom. We planted them right under our bedroom windows so we will be able to see them all the time.


These are the first plants we have ever planted from scratch...like removing the grass, outlining the bed, planting, and then mulching. It is a big deal to us! I will be reading up on how to care for hydrangeas. I'll be watching all spring for their first bloom. If you have any tips for caring for them please share!

Now I'm going to go cover them up because it is supposed to frost tonight!!

2 comments:

Cottage Dreaming said...

Shanon, I am so excited for you. The flower bed looks fabulous. What a great find. A lot of hard work but in a few weeks it will be so worth the sore back. Have a great day. Heather

Marie said...

HOW FUNNY!! This weekend my husband made a flower bed with bricks and we planted hydrangeas too! Good luck with yours!