Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hard to Ignore

This has been on my heart to share for awhile now. I'm sure a lot of you have seen this video. It is a great reminder to know and believe the Truth.

Romans 16:17-20

"I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil."










The Old Rugged Cross

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross, The emblem of suff'ring and shame; And I love that old cross where the dearest and best for a world of lost sinners was slain.

So I'll cherish the old rugged cross, Till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, And exchange it some day for a crown.

O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world, Has a wondrous attraction for me; For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above to bear it to dark Calvary.

To the old rugged cross I will ever be true, Its shame and reproach gladly bear; Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His glory forever I'll share.

8 comments:

Katie said...

What a beautiful hymn!!

Trisha said...

This hymn says it so well!

Jo said...

Thanks for sharing this. Oprah's "spirituality" has made me uncomfortable for years now, so I never watch her show. I thought it was interesting that she began doubting when she learned that God is a "jealous God"...I think she misunderstands the actual definition of the word. The widespread misuse of that word is one of my pet peeves ;-)
I love that hymn too.

Cottage Dreaming said...

Shannon, g;ad you liked Savannah's room. Love the upside down shelf. Have a great day. Heather

Katie said...

This is one of my all-time favorite hymns!

Sissy said...

Thanks for posting that video. I never knew all of that about Oprah. I knew she was always searching for ways for people to create peace in their lives, but this is really just a bunch of C-R-A-P!

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing this. There are many who have not seen it and need to be made aware.
Blessings,
Linda
(by the way I saw your window mistreatments and loved them.)

Joanne Kennedy said...

Thank you for posting this video. I just now saw it as today is the first time I've found your blog and was reading through your old posts.

We need to stand firm and trust God will protect us from people like this. It's so scary to see such powerful people like her teaching these lies.

The only truth is God sent His only son, Jesus, to die for us so we may live.

I'm so thankful for my upbringing that taught me this and for living in a country that allows us to believe without having to be ashamed or scared to share the truth with others.

God bless you.
Joanne