Sunday, April 6, 2008

Front Porch

One of my other great Oops finds was a metal container. I saw a great idea on someones blog when I was lost in blogland to put hydrangeas in a wall pocket thing. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower so I had to try it. I think hers were real but we all can't be so lucky.

Now one would think this would be an easy task but not for me. I do NOT do flower arrangements. I mean I have tried and it is not pretty. How could I mess this up? Well for starters, I didn't have wire cutters and the stems were about 300 feet long. So my husband man-handled them. Then they were all about an inch too tall. So he fixed that with a lot more effort. When I was ready to stick them in I realized I only had about an inch by inch piece of foam. So I had to stuff paper towels in there and surprisingly that worked.
I think it turned out ok for all the hang ups we had. They haven't even fallen out yet! Plus there was a surprise waiting for me the next day from Cody...wire cutters. Maybe next year I'll have real bright green hydrangeas because Cody said he would make a flower bed in our back yard under our bedroom window and I am going to plant some. I've only been waiting like 3 years....

13 comments:

paperjunk-lc said...

Shannon,
That looks awesome! My front door is black with a brass door knocker on it so I'm always at a loss as to what to hang on it.

twintoo10292 said...

You did a wonderful job. Love the fake plant and the chair and pillow too. You're giving me great ideas for my porch. Simple elegance. Twin

Kelly said...

Cute basket!!!
I think between me, you and my mom - we are drumming up a lot of business for oops! They should give us a discount! :-)

Blanca said...

This looks great. Don't you just hate it when you are doing a project only to realize something is missing. Glad you were able to improvise.

Blanca

Hillary said...

Cody...come on...make the girl a flower box!! :)
I love your front door! So cute!

Just so you know...you're the reason I knew it was ok to get 2 sets of everyday dishes! And I'm planning to do the same thing...use the colored ones all the time and use the white for guests...when I'm not using my china, of course!

Cottage Dreaming said...

Shannon, This is so beautiful and very European. Love it. Hydrangeas are my favorite too. They do not grow in Phoenix or I would have them everywhere. You have inspired me to hang a basket I have on one of my doors. You entry is so inviting..of course. Have a great day, Heather

Carrie said...

that is a wonderful idea I have been searching from something on my front door. Cute!

Rue said...

That really looks great! And don't worry about how hard it was. Usually the smaller projects are the hardest LOL

rue :)

Marie said...

I love it! Hydrangeas are my favorite flower too! I can't find any fake ones that look real enough for me though. Where did you find yours? AND I'm even more jealous than ever about that Oops store. I tried to google it, but no luck! Boo!

Marie said...

KIRKLANDS! Yay! I'm actually driving to a shopping center this afternoon that has one. AND I have a coupon. Bonus. Thank you!

Cottage Dreaming said...

Good morning Shannon. Aren't those shades cute? Holly loved them. Now I have to fiqure out what's next. I sure do love that little basket of flowers.
Heather

Diane said...

Beautiful!

destiny said...

Love it.....SO wish I could make a road trip to oops!!