Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Favorite Garage Sale Find

A few weeks ago I posted about my favorite flea market find. This china cabinet is my favorite garage sale find. I have no idea how old it is, the maker, or anything about it for that matter.
I think I stole it from the man for $100.00 but I didn't feel bad for long! Interestingly enough I've never used it for displaying china. In our first house it was more of a bookcase and here it is more of a display case for accessories.
I re-arrange it often but have loved having a lamp in it. I got the idea from my favorite store. No, not Oops. This is a real store called The Gift House. My husband cut a small hole in the back for the cord to fit in.
This is a small collection of glass bottles that my mom has gotten for me. Usually at every garage sale or estate sale she picks one up for me. I love that they are all similar but very different.

5 comments:

paperjunk-lc said...

What a great piece! These are the kind of terrific staples pieces that will serve you will over many years.
I still don't have the garage sale touch like so many blogers. Saturday mornings are usually meant running kids around or just catching up.

Marie said...

Yes. You absolutely STOLE that for $100. :o) It looks great! I can't get up early enough to get the good deals.

Kelly said...

I love that!!! You have such great taste!!! Come help me!

deepfriedapplepies said...

Looks awesome! I FINALLY posted about my Flea Market find over on my blog.. now I need to find a garage sale find.. hmmmmmmmmmm....

Rebecca said...

my grandmother has the exact same hutch and the table that goes with it. she's had it for at least 30 years. i'm hoping it's mine one day - love it!