Saturday, April 5, 2008

Before and After

One of my projects this weekend was to paint the frames on some pictures I got a couple of weeks ago at Oops. I got the pair of pictures for $12.00 and ALMOST bought one about a month ago for $30.00 at a decorating shop. I'm glad I didn't!
Here is the original color of the frame. Not a bad color but not my style. It was a little too silvery-gray for my house.
I wanted to put the pictures over this guest bed. It doesn't have a headboard (another project for another day) and I was tired of the picture. I got that picture for my 16th birthday, almost 10 years ago! My friends always thought it was funny I wanted a picture when I was sixteen.
I painted the frames white. I tried to distress them but I am not good at that so I painted them solid white.
I am happy how this turned out. In real life there is more of a contrast between the wall color and the white but it didn't turn out like that in the picture. I got the platter from my grandmother and it was the first dish I have ever hung. I want to hang more!! I love the look of plates on the wall that I have been seeing on some of your blogs. When I walk in the room now it looks like a lot more "cottage-y". So thanks for the inspiration!

18 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful! They really stand out in white, nice choice. I always have a hard time choosing to paint something black or white, LOL...

LOVE those pictures too.

paperjunk-lc said...

It turned out great! I know what you mean about the picture not showing the true color. I wish some of my pictures were more accurate in color.
Have a great Sunday!

Hipmomofboyz said...

I love what you did with the pictures. They look great.

Candy said...

They look great! What a great find. Still wishing we had that store. :)

His Doorkeeper said...

Hi Shannon, Come over to my blog and see my pictures like yours! I still can't believe what a bargain it was!!Yours looks really cute!

Kelly's Mom

Carrie said...

very good job

Kelly said...

Shannon - I like the white frames! They look really cute above your bed. And I'm like you - I'd like to try hanging plates at some point!

PattieJ said...

Love the way your grouping over the bed turned out! And I LOVE the colors on the bed! gorgeous! What a pretty room!


Pattie

deepfriedapplepies said...

Oooh.. looks great! I love the color combination in there~ I'd love to be a guest!!

Cottage Dreaming said...

SOOOOOOO Jealous. These turned out fabulous. I love the platter and the prints above the bed. Great idea and yes they do have more of a cottage feel. I love the spring bed linens on the bed. They are so cheer. You know, I am so fond of everything you do. Heather

Marie said...

LOVE, love it! Your guest room looks so cozy! I'm ashamed to say that our guest room is the most neglected room in our house. After reading your post, I vow to change that. I am green with envy over those pictures.

The Nester said...

So sweet and i loooooooove the birds!

Sissy said...

I love the birds and plate, but I also LOVE that print. I had it in my own house for awhile before I changed the colors in my room. Then I loaned it to my MIL and she now has it over her bed.

Love the mistreatment blinky!

Rue said...

You were 16 ten years ago! Holy moly!! I was 16... yikes!... 22 years ago, is that right?... Holy smokes! If you didn't seem so sweet I would hate you... Ugh! I'm OLD!

Love the pictures and the plate :) Now I'm going to go cry over my old age....LOL

rue

jennifer said...

I definitely like the after better!

Pretty room.

Jennifer

destiny said...

That looks amazing!! I love that plate. I've been looking for some like that for my dining room.

our2angels said...

I love the way they look, so cottagy and cozy. GREAT job!

Blessings
Sue
marklovessue@numail.org

Suzanne said...

They look great! So fun, too. I have birds all over my house, much to my husband's chagrin. Oh well, I love them.