Wednesday, March 5, 2008

China Cabinets

Since my china is white (and I still consider myself a newlywed so I have to display it since I'm obviously not going to use it), I wanted to bring some color into my china cabinet. One of my accent colors is green so I went with that. Everyone kind of smirks a little when they see the nests with apples in them but I love bird nests and the color green so I just put them together! Plus, sometimes I like things that look a little different. China cabinets are hard for me to fill up because I don't want it all to be china so I put a framed picture of our wedding invitation and few canisters in there. Does anybody else have any fun ideas for their cabinet? I also love change so I'm always on the look out for new ideas.
















7 comments:

The Nester said...

I am all about putting something in your nests other than apples! Anything but vomit or stale bread works for me!

Loving that bright green in there! Great idea! I always think an idea isn't truly good until someone tells you that it's retarded.

Kelly said...

Shannon - I'm so glad you are blogging! I'm going to add you as a link!
I love the nester too! She has great ideas!
And I love your china cabinet. I love green too! I think it looks great!

Kelly said...

P.S. We need to get Katie to blog! I'm sure you and Hillary could put some peer pressure on her!

OklahomaSweetPea06 said...

I think the green apples look great they really make the dishes stand out(course the apples too)... Visiting via the Nester

Classics and Country said...

I love this idea! So fresh, clean, simple! Great Photos.

Katie said...

I love the contrast of those green apples in the nests against your china. Gorgeous!

Our Babies said...

use your china girl..life is short!
AHJ