Sunday, March 9, 2008

Five Picture Challenge

I saw this challenge over at Sissy's and thought it would be fun. You are supposed to take 5 pictures from around your house that says something about you. This took some thought but it was fun to do.

This picture says a few things about me. One, I absolutely love books. Any type of book really but especially books about design or Christian fiction. Two, I love rose bowls and three, I love my husband Cody. I love to keep a picture out from our wedding day because it is such a great memory. I would do that day over any time. It was perfect.

This picture shows a side of me that I inherited from my Grammy...my love affair with dishes. I love plates, decorative plates and platters. I have way too many (according to Cody) but I can't part with them. You never know when you might have 50 million people over!

This picture shows the side of me that loves to do laundry and keep a clean house. It is such a great feeling to have a tidy house with all the laundry done and put up. Speaking of.....I need to put some clothes up right now.

This picture is pretty obvious. I love bird nests and anything bird related. However, I do NOT like real birds because they kind of gross me out and actually scare me a little bit.

Anyone who knows me knows that this picture says a few things about me. One, I love to bake. I did not say cook, but bake. Two, I love chocolate...notice the candy in the jar (almost gone). And three, for some reason I love wooden spoons. But not just any wooden spoon but the ones with the rounded head, not the oval heads. Crate and Barrel has some great wooden spoons. I've been told I'm a wooden spoon snob.


I would love to know five pictures that describe you. Comment on this post and let me know if you take this challenge and I will come take a look.

13 comments:

blessedme said...

I love it, it's all so darling...thank you for sharing the pics!

paperjunk-lc said...

Thanks for leaving a comment today! It's always nice to meet new blogers! I like your favorite pictures I'll have to soon.

Marie said...

Thanks for the comment compliment. lol I found the larger cloche at Ross, the smaller at Pottery Barn. The nests all courtesy of Joanns. However, the larger nest was stuck in a hideous pot disguised as an arrangement. I cut the nest free and tossed the pot!

I love your five picture challenge! I may do it myself! I too, have a love affair with dishes.

Carrie said...

I really like your blog and I think I will take the challenge!

Hipmomofboyz said...

I love your pictures. You seem to be getting the blogging thing down....

Robyn Beele said...

Hello! I saw your blog on my sisters (Carrie). I love your blog. I will also take the picture challenge. Such a cute idea.

Hillary said...

What a great idea, Shannon! I think I'll do this as well. Not sure when...but soon!

Anonymous said...

Shan, I am so enjoying your blog. I love the nest picture..Where did you get it? You knew I would ask. Doing so spring touches here as well. Keep up the good work. So much fun to read
SAH
Heather

Shannon said...

Heather, I got the nest picture at a store called "Oops". Seriously, that is the name. :) But I've seen them around town at decorating shops. Glad you stopped by!

Sissy said...

So glad you took up the challenge. I walked around my house for awhile trying to figure out what I really thought about myself and wanted to share with others. I neglected to include all my books! I have them all over the house, as my husband likes to remind me.

So impressed, you have a painted laundry room and it is decorated with a cute little sign. You do love laundry. You are sick. :)

Rue said...

I think I'll take this challenge and let you know when I post it. The part about the birds cracked me up!
Rue :)

Rue said...

Hi Shannon,
I posted my 5 picture challenge if you want to come take a gander.
Rue :)

Katie said...

Hahahhahahahahahahaha! A wooden spoon snob??? That's hilarious! I LOVE my wooden spoons. They are the first utensil I reach for in the kitchen, and I, too, am very picky about them. Too funny!